Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kam Star Cluster 3d

Quote Originally Posted by Babybob View Post
    Maybe as a centrepiece or just as an additional effect. How much do they differ from each other as it's hard to see on Youtube.
    Considerably.

The Nebula is a starcluster effect producing hundreds of laser 'dots'.

(yes i did just plug my own vid )

The Carina is a green 'scanning' laser. Therefore is useless without fog/haze and 'flys' around the room, unlike the nebula that produces a very wide spread of animated laser dots.

Hope this is helpful.
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

I use the kam cluster (till peter buys mine) and soon the prolight nebula for my basic packages because like ollie says its an nice effect without smoke.

For my larger rigs Im looking at crowd scanning lasers which 99% of the time will be used with smoke. The cluster wouldnt really suit this as much as a crowd scanning laser wouldnt suit a set up where you dont have the use of a smoke machine.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by OllieJames View Post
    The Nebula is a starcluster effect producing hundreds of laser 'dots'.

(yes i did just plug my own vid )
    Have you ever DMX'ed the unit?....
    Last edited by Penfold42; 29-04-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

So if I use the Nebula with smoke will it pick out the beams or will the Carina be more effective.

Thanks for the response Ollie...much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Babybob View Post
    So if I use the Nebula with smoke will it pick out the beams or will the Carina be more effective.

Thanks for the response Ollie...much appreciated.

Yes, smoke will pick out the beams of any lighting effect

It depends what effect you want. Do you want lots of laser dots that don't move as violently? or do you want a big laser beam scanning around the room?
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK

I'm looking at getting a pattern laser but it seems the choice available now is far wider than when originally released when it was Prolight Equinox Nebula vs Kam Starcluster if I remember rightly?

With Kam in particular there now seem to be at least 4 or 5 badged as 'Mighty _____' as well as others like the 3D, the original one etc. Slightly fewer with the Prolight but I'm still faced with a rather bewildering array of very similar effects. One thing I have noticed though is that the Prolight pattern lasers seem to generally be claiming a higher number of beams - 500 or 1000 as opposed to the Kam generally 200 - does this make them better or does it just mean mean dimmer beams but more of them?

I'm basing this on the info on HTFR and would welcome any advice on getting the best 'bang for bucks' - like most people I'm looking at this as an effect to use mostly without smoke but with an eye on the odd occasion when I can use smoke or haze.

Kam

Prolight