Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Public Liability Insurance

Probably correct too, for that particular council.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

501damian501

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Probably correct too, for that particular council.
    thats with most councils, everytime we build up health and saftey comes round, we have to dig up the ground to cover up our cables, pieces of packing/wood cannot over hang no more than 6inchs i believe it is, very very tight and tough regulations, and basicly its same as here, put up or shut up!

we even pay to use common land

but theirs some advantages

you dont have to pay ground rent on the days your not open, hence some fairs only open thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, monday then gone by tuesday morning, this happens at fairs which arnt so sucessfull.

another one is, when you take out fiance to buy your new ride, certain "showman" companys let you not pay anything in winter, for about 2months only though.
    Last edited by 501damian501; 22-03-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 501damian501 View Post
    yeah we lease the land from the council or privately owned cricket grounds/ sports fields, and for the bouncy castles you need a min of 5million and for the rides a min of 15million, but you can get away with 10million on some cases...

i was told myself afew years back from an council offical, that you need a min of 5million to work with the council, ect ect.
    The requirements of the Council would vary im sure between Contractors engaged in hazardous work like Fairground Rides and Bouncy Castles as compared to a fairly harmless Mobile Disco.

We have just taken on a small job for the Accrington Council--no mention of PAT let alone PLI! its only a Barn Dance mind you.

The performers will have cover but theres no mention of anything required so far.

Sadly theres no indication that VERY MANY Public or Private bodies are clamping down -I really wish they would--then the serious people in the business could really raise standards.

My website suggests dont deal with cheap amateurs--WE DO SPELL OUT THE RISKS OF USING PEOPLE WITHOUT INSURANCE---

CRAZY K

Quote Originally Posted by JoinToReadSucks View Post
    For many years I had PL cover for £2 million, but for some reason a lot of venues last year asked for a minimum cover level of £5 million.

The CIS offer, in my opinion, a good policy that costs £132 for the year.

Hope this helps

JTRS
    Hi do they have a website? If so, could you please point me in the right direction?

501damian501

Quote Originally Posted by SilverlineDiscos View Post
    Hi do they have a website? If so, could you please point me in the right direction?
    i just have the right insurance for you my friend

http://www.djassociates.org/signup/u.../join%201.html

plus you get a discount if your 21 like myself and yourself

loads of extra benifits, jobs a good one...

just buy me a pint or send a cheque in the post, hahaha

Insurers

DJ Associates is pleased to announce that Hencilla Canworth Ltd. is the preferred supplier of Insurance and Financial Services.

Fine, who exactly are these people as I have never heard of them.

Also they are only advisers--they dont actually underwrite this scheme--- unless they have their own separate Insurance Company

Im not saying theres anything wrong with them but personally I would like to know who I was insured with ---someone I have heard of would be nice.

Bearing in mind in these troubled financial times the biggest insurance Company in the world AIG in America is apparently bankrupt

Just a thought.

CRAZY K

Hmm.. I found these people before but I'm not sure how 'proper' they are. Does anyone use them or know anything about them?

I'm a bit skeptical about sites like that. Who provides the PLI and stuff?? Looks like a good offer, but is it too good to be true??

501damian501

Hmm.. I found these people before but I'm not sure how 'proper' they are. Does anyone use them or know anything about them?

I'm a bit skeptical about sites like that. Who provides the PLI and stuff?? Looks like a good offer, but is it too good to be true??
    i believe it has something to do with an owner of another dj forum...

[Sorry, no links to similar sites]

the 3rd link down...

the pli cover comes from an independant insurance broker, the owner of the forum, clearly has a good deal with them and in return offers his members cheap pli and the rest of it, and also the general public.
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 22-03-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Thank you for the info Damian

501damian501

Thank you for the info Damian
    your welcome...