Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yellllll

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    That's about one a month more than the rest of us, Steve, so you should consider yourself lucky!
    Its the area. Most of my bookings from away (i.e. people coming to let Lakes to get married) come via the interweb. But local bookings for birthday parties etc are phone calls via the big yellow book. By Yellow Pages own admission, Cumbria is bucking the national trend and staying with the book and not the net, or Yell.com.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    My free ad on Yell.com means I (reluctantly) have a free ad in my local Yellow pages as well.

I've had nothing from the paper directory, and one booking request from the website, although the person didn't even return the booking form.

In my experience, Yellow pages & Yell.com are about as much use as a fart in a spacesuit.
    Yes---even the YP free lister time wasters dont ring anymore--

Shame, I used to enjoy some of the old jokes---

Do it for £100 --oh yus!!!!!!!!!!!

£100 an hour

CRAZY K

Mmmmm, Interesting.

Yell is the marmite of the ad world. I have had varying degrees of success - yell.com even at it's poorest at least paid for itself twice over.

As for the book - May I ask what type of listings you have? - a little 15mm box? - my success with this type of ad was not great however this year I designed my own quarter coloumn full colour ad based on my website graphics and it is working really well for me - book went live in September and I have converted at least 1K's worth of bookings from it.

I suppose what I'm saying in terms of my own experience with the book is you get what you pay for... You buy a cheaper ad, it will attract the cheaper enquiries and tyre-kickers. You pay a bit more money and put some effort into your company branding and the advert and it will pay dividends.

A lot of people are quick to blame the book but have you considered what the client sees when the flick through the pages... most of the ads look and read the same, think outside the box - less is more, in this day and age the yell ad should be a "call to action", a stepping stone to your website not an untidy mess of "discos for all occasions".
    Last edited by Wayno; 18-03-2009 at 10:42 AM.

We used Yellow Pages last year. We had 2 ads in the Sunderland book - one in the Discos-Mobile and one in the Wedding-Entertainment section. Both ads were white on black so they stood out. The total cost was £598 and, at the last check (people still see those ads even though we're not in the new book due to restructuring Lightning) we made over 10 times that.

So, for us anyway, Yellow Pages worked well and is part of our marketing plan again for 2010 when we're relaunching Lightning with a new brand image.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Yell internet works best for us. Looking at the our stats it is the 3rd biggest source of traffic to our site.

1st is adwords, 2nd organic/direct

Thompson has only produced one hit, guess what we will be telling the sales person when they call us next.
    Jay Price - Disco Promotions Ltd - Making Every Event Count

Areas: West Midlands & Warwickshire

Quote Originally Posted by Danno13 View Post
    Right at the top of this forum between "New Posts" and "Quick links" is another link you will find useful, this has been done many times before!
    Just remember when being facetious that the forum is not presented the same in all browsers...

This is it in Google Chrome for example:

...and here it is in Internet Explorer or Firefox:

Spot the difference?

Yell is pants by the way and just generates price shoppers in my experience. Waste of money.
    Exit stage left...