Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Advertising in local papers

Default Advertising in local papers

Does anyone have any joy advertising through the local newspapers/advertisers etc.?

Considering placing an ad in the local newspapers that reach 100-200,000 people, just wondered if people find they get much business through this route...

Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    Does anyone have any joy advertising through the local newspapers/advertisers etc.?

Considering placing an ad in the local newspapers that reach 100-200,000 people, just wondered if people find they get much business through this route...
    Most people who can afford realistic prices for entertainment dont book out the local Newspaper.

They go you know where--YOUR ON IT NOW.

The answer is not Yellow Pages

CRAZY K
    Last edited by CRAZY K; 01-04-2009 at 09:11 AM.

I've tried ads in local papers on a few occasions. The ads cost me a little over £100 each time. To date, I've never had an enquiry stem from any of them. Complete waste of time and money.

I find that a nicely worded classified ad can work wonders at certain times of the year. For example, right at the beginning of January can bring in 3 or 4 private bookings during Feb/Mar/Apr when things are fairly quiet.

It has to be said that these tend to be kids/teens/40ths etc. so right at the lower end of the pay scale. But good nonetheless for propping up an otherwise fairly empty diary.

My local rag (apparently, according to their blurb) is read by 96% of households on the island, and a 20-word classified costs about £5 a week. I probably spend no more than £30 a year on them and this turns in between 10 and 15 gigs, albeit in the £150-200 bracket.

I took out an advert in one of the local free magazines. So far, waste of time. Wish i'd paid for yellow pages instead. (YP does still work with the folk round here)
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Unless you're a 60 quid sid then don't bother.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    Unless you're a 60 quid sid then don't bother.
    I couldn't agree more.

Where you advertise has a bearing on what you can charge, and the local papers are the lowest of the low in this respect.