Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MDD Vaping Club (formerly "Smoking ban??? What smoking Ban?")

Default MDD Vaping Club (formerly "Smoking ban??? What smoking Ban?")

I have to spread the word about this.
    Since last Tuesday, I've been the proud owner of a couple of intellicig EVOlution eCigarettes.

For those of you that don't know what these are......

An eCigarette is a device also known as a Personal Vapouriser (PV), e-cig, or electronic cigarette.

Here's the "science" bit :

The device heats a liquid which can contain nicotine and flavourings. When heated, the liquid produces a vapour which is smoke-like in appearance, but which is actually only a water-based vapour.

The benefits are:
    - No smoke, only vapour
    - No passive smoking
    - No tar
    - No carbon monoxide
    - Smell
    - No carcinogens
    - Legal to use in non-smoking areas (subject to manager’s permission)

They consist of 3 main components, a battery, a heater element (atomizer) & a cartridge

The battery powers the atomizer which in turn heats the liquid in the cartridge & causes the vapour when you take a drag

There are plenty of different makes & models & also a couple of forums for help & advice (anyone interested, feel free to PM me for details)

Since Thursday I've used it in several pubs & bars in the London area, without having to go outside (including my pub residency).
    The reason for this is (the Law bit):

The Law introduced in the United Kingdom in the Health Act 2006, banned the use of tobacco based cigarettes in public places.

The Act was introduced in response to where tobacco based cigarettes kills over 100,000 people each year in the UK, as lit tobacco produces tar, carcinogens, carbon monoxide and up to 400 other toxic substances.
    In Chapter 28 that incorporates the Smoking ban, the definition of smoking is stated as : smoking refers to smoking tobacco or anything which contains tobacco, or smoking any other substance, and smoking includes being in possession of lit tobacco or of anything lit which contains tobacco, or being in possession of any other lit substance in a form in which it could be smoked.

Well they don't contain tobacco, just a mixture of nicotine, propylene glycol /vegetable glycerine, distilled water & flavourings (or combinations of the above). Nothing is lit, just heated & vapourised. There is no smoke, just vapour.

With the exception of nicotine & flavours it basically has the same constituent ingredients as the smoke fluid that we use in smoke machines & hazers for our discos (like having a mini smoke machine in my mouth).

I'm hooked & haven't even thought about finishing off the half pack of JPS that's been sat on the coffee table since the arrival of my EVO. I've also found that I don't "smoke" half as much. When I had a cigarette, I always finished it off, whereas now I have a few puffs, put it down & return later for another few. It's also cheaper (after the inital outlay, you actually save money compared to £5 a day for 20 fags)

Oh yeah, Chocolate & Hazelnut flavour Rocks!..

For anyone wondering being as these are eCigarettes, an analog is slang for a regular tobacco cigarette.
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 29-01-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I saw these advertised a while ago on TV somewhere. I'm not sure you can list things as 'benefits' though.

What else would you say the list was then?(over tobacco cigarettes obviously as opposed to say.... a polo)
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    What else would you say the list was then?(over tobacco cigarettes obviously as opposed to say.... a polo)
    I suppose there are benefits over normal fags, yes. I wasn't thinking along those lines though.

Ah, non smoker's POV

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Ah, non smoker's POV
    Indeed.

I was thinking along the lines of giving up would benefit you in terms of health and money.

This is the first step

True Darren, but then you still have to beat the addiction to nicotine & in a lot of instances where patches, gum etc fail the actual physical habit of picking up a tube & puffing on it.

By the end of next week I will be making a considerable saving on my old £4.20 - £8.40 a day habit.

I'm also breathing easier already, not coughing in the morning & my sense of taste & smell have both improved. I've no cravings, because I'm still getting a nicotine hit & I don't have a nasty taste in my mouth in the morning.

The downside is I had to fork out on a king-size bottle of Febreze coz my van stinks!

Angela has even made up some zero nic menthol carts, that she's alternating with her other flavours that contain nicotine.

Angela had an analog the other night (when she couldn't sleep) because she couldn't be bothered to put her Evo back together. It tasted vile & made her feel ill.

It's a result all round as far as I'm concerned, especially as it's possible to dilute the nicotine juice with PG/VG & distilled water & if desired ween yourself off nicotine all together, just leaving the puffing habit.

Hmmm, as true as that all may be, you are the man who gives up smoking on a regular basis for months at a time, are you not?

Yes, but the difference being, this time there are 5 fags sat untouched on the coffee table & another 12 in the van. They would probably have been smoked by now (or at least one a day, first thing). I've had absolutely no desire to pick them up even let alone actually smoke them.

I'm going to stick with this. Apart from anything else, I love the flavours. We've got cranberry, cinamon, praline & cream, toffee, chocolate & hazelnut & menthol. I'm going to invest in coffee, vanilla & cherry too I think.