Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MDD Vaping Club (formerly "Smoking ban??? What smoking Ban?")

Well good luck Steve with this and also Angela too.

Good luck Steve (and Angela)

I just worked out that I have saved over £16,000 since I stopped (hypnotist - 5 years ago). Time to treat myself to some goodies or a holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I just worked out that I have saved over £16,000 since I stopped (hypnotist - 5 years ago).
    I've saved about £15,000...and I only gave up just over THREE years ago!

Good luck Steve & Angela!

100% respect steve and angela , got to admire you for this , I gave up 9 years ago , best thing I ever did.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

The science and application you can't argue with, but it still sounds disgusting to me (although not as bad as regular cigarettes)! My Dad is a heavy smoker, has been for a long time, and I recently stripped the wallpaper in his living room. The yellow runs going down the walls from the steam were absolutely horrible, I just wanted to get the job done and clean up as quickly as possible!

I'm surprised the "science bit" didn't also point out that the biggest problem with the 'analog' smoking is all the other toxins that the burning of tobacco gives off, from arsenic to radio-active isotopes.

Beerfunk, I stripped and cleaned the house of an old man who had smoked two packs a day for the twenty years he'd lived there, seldom cleaned it and, apparently, frequently missed the bowl when urinating (also frequently not cleaned up). Industrial carpet cleaners took two runs at the place, once before and once after we papered and painted, and even after we stripped the wallpaper, re-papered and painted (four top coats) you could still smell the cigarette smoke!
    The Music is the Life...
    ...And it Shall be Ours!

Maby this might be of some help.

http://www.howtogetridofstuff.com/od...smoke-smell/2/

Could be used in the van/car aswell Steve.
    Last edited by Tom; 06-04-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    The science and application you can't argue with, but it still sounds disgusting to me (although not as bad as regular cigarettes)! My Dad is a heavy smoker, has been for a long time, and I recently stripped the wallpaper in his living room. The yellow runs going down the walls from the steam were absolutely horrible, I just wanted to get the job done and clean up as quickly as possible!
    I know where you're coming from, Beerfunk.

It wasn't until I gave up that I realised how much my flat stunk, as people started admitting that they hadn't liked coming round before due to the smell (no jokes please...I'm referring to the smell of the ciggys!).

Apart from that, things in my flat don't go brown in 5 minutes now!

Personally, I think the best way to give up is to go cold turkey.

It worked for me, as I went from about 50 a day to nothing overnight, and yet when I'd previously tried to cut down to 30 or 20 a day, I failed. Weird!
    Last edited by rob1963; 06-04-2009 at 10:22 PM.

I think different people cope with it in different ways.

When my mum was quite ill, she quit then and hasn't been smoking for quite a while now. Worked well for her but maby not others.

Quote Originally Posted by PropellerHeadCase View Post
    I'm surprised the "science bit" didn't also point out that the biggest problem with the 'analog' smoking is all the other toxins that the burning of tobacco gives off, from arsenic to radio-active isotopes.
    I suppose this is a little too specific
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    - No carcinogens
    Below is a list of 20 ingredients (out of 4,800!) of regular cigarettes. Each of these is described alongside:-
    Acetone: One of the active ingredients in nail polish remover.
    Ammonia: A caustic agent used in fertilisers and household cleaners. Is added to enhance the flavour of a cigarette, but also helps the smoker to absorb more nicotine thereby enhancing addiction.
    Arsenic: Makes your lips burn and is responsible for giving you bad breath.
    Benzopyrene: One of the most potent cancer-causing chemicals in the world. Found in coal tar and cigarette smoke.
    Benzene: An industrial chemical and a constituent of gasoline. It is a group 1 carcinogen and is responsible for causing leukemia and aplitic anemia.
    Butane: A key component of gasoline, it’s highly flammable.

Carbon Monoxide: A colourless, odourless gas, which starves the body of existing oxygen.
    Cadmium: Used in batteries and oil paint. It is a group 1 carcinogen. It damages the liver, kidneys, and brain and remains in the body for years (>10 years). Is also excreted in the breast milk of nursing mothers.
    Formaldehyde: Used in embalming (preserving tissue). Causes cancer and damages the lung, skin, and digestive tract.
    Hydrogen Cyanide: A colourless poisonous gas. Short-term exposure causes headaches, dizziness, nausea and vomiting.
    Lead: Of the heavy metal group. Stunts growth and damages the brain, kidneys and nervous system. Lead is more easily absorbed in the growing bodies so children are particularly vulnerable. Exposure in children can result in development delays, lower IQ levels, shortened attention spans and increased behavioural problems
    Methoprene: An insecticide used to kill fleas on your pets.
    Mercury: A heavy metal, affects the central nervous system. Exposure causes tremors, memory loss and kidney disease.
    Nickel: A heavy metal, affects the central nervous system. Exposure causes increased susceptibility to respiratory infections.
    Nitric oxide: Produces short-term effects on airway activity. High concentrations can lead to acute lung dysfunction.
    Phenol: Used in disinfectants and plastic. Exposure causes skin, eye, and mucus membrane irritation.
    Polonium: A cancer causing radioactive element.
    Styrene: Found in insulation material. Causes headaches, fatigue, weakness, and depression.
    Toluene: Embalmers glue, which is a central nervous system depressant. Exposure causes ataxia, tremors, cerebral atrophy, nystagmus, impaired speech, hearing and vision, headaches, dizziness and difficulty sleeping.
    Turpentine: A toxic chemical used in paint stripper

& that's just the ingredients, not the result of what happens if you add them together & burn them!

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    The science and application you can't argue with, but it still sounds disgusting to me (although not as bad as regular cigarettes)!
    So you don't use smoke or haze machines? because they must be disgusting too. I'm sure that you don't hold your breath at a gig when fog or haze are in the air. The ingredients in the e-juice are either food or pharmaceutical grade, something I doubt very much with smoke / haze fluid

It's actually quite pleasant, especially with some of the flavours.

& who said anything about giving up???

All I've done is change to an alternative (*& possibly healthier) way of administering my nicotine fix.

*this has not been proven categorically yet, but what tests have been done, it's looking that way.

I don't want to stop, I enjoy a smoke & the act of smoking. What I wasn't enjoying was all the crap that went with it. I haven't coughed once this morning.
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 07-04-2009 at 08:52 AM.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries