Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MDD Vaping Club (formerly "Smoking ban??? What smoking Ban?")

And a propos of nothing directly connected here Arsenic is a growth promoter. ( In larger amounts, it is of course a very efficient growth suppressant )

Just trying to point out that giving a dog a bad name can lead to problems.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

There is arsenic in apples & therefore in cider too.

Bugger!
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

I've been Googling these electronic cigarettes, and it appears that in a number of countries it's illegal to sell or possess them, and in some others they're only available on prescription.....so the jury is clearly still out.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    There is arsenic in apples & therefore in cider too.
    Bugger!
    Whaddya mean "Everything I love is Illegal, Immoral or Fattening"

The real cider makes you go blind.

Edit: I've got to point out that you have to consume REALLY, REALLY serious amounts to achieve that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    I've been Googling these electronic cigarettes, and it appears that in a number of countries it's illegal to sell or possess them, and in some others they're only available on prescription.....so the jury is clearly still out.

Hop up on this fence here Rob, behind the sofa. I'll budge over a bit.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 08-04-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hop up on this fence here Rob, behind the sofa. I'll budge over a bit.
    Indeed.

I'm not saying whether they're good or bad, merely that from what I've read, the jury is clearly still out.

& without wishing to appear rude (which has got to be a first when addressing Rob), you're still not in possession of the full facts.

For instance, the nature of the bans is down to a variety of things from the respective countries laws on controlled substances (liquid nicotine is a poison), packaging of the product (UK suppliers use childproof caps & very clear warning labels), knee-jerk reactions from anti smoking lobbyists (the fact that it is unproven in the long term) & pressure from the tobacco companies (who stand to lose a hell of a lot of revenue).

Nobody is saying that they are 100% safe (as due to the length of time they have been around, it's impossible for long term studies to have been done), but what they are a damn sight more safe than tobacco cigarettes.

& all I know is I feel so much better after a week of using one. Without any of the usual side effects that I experience when I usually stop using tobacco. Angela will attest to this, by now I would be at least twice as grumpy as usual.

One of the US forums has a couple of senators as members & one of them has actually given a PV to President Obama (a tobacco smoker)
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Indeed.

I'm not saying whether they're good or bad, merely that from what I've read, the jury is clearly still out.
    As a former smoker, I suspect your views carry more weight than mine. Like you, I'm totally undecided. It seems a good idea in principle, but somehow retrograde. Since we're now exhorted to have knowledge of a topic before sharing our views, I must now be quiet.

& without wishing to appear rude (which has got to be a first when addressing Rob), you're still not in possession of the full facts.)
    I'm off to specsavers now! I thought I saw Steve being polite to Rob.

& all I know is I feel so much better after a week of using one. Without any of the usual side effects that I experience when I usually stop using tobacco. Angela will attest to this, by now I would be at least twice as grumpy as usual.
    )
    Ah, now I can tell it's working. I DID see Steve being polite to Rob.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 08-04-2009 at 01:18 PM.

I can supply links to the forums & suppliers sites for anyone who wants to do some serious research.

you're still not in possession of the full facts.
    But then neither are you surely?

& without wishing to appear rude (which has got to be a first when addressing Rob), you're still not in possession of the full facts
    Indeed...and that's my whole point...NOBODY is in possession of the full facts.

That's why I will be keeping Excalibur company for the time being on this very uncomfortable fence!

Edit: I've just read something else stating that toxicoligical studies have been conducted, with some reporting that electronic cigarettes are less harmful than traditional tobacco cigarettes...so I'm now even MORE on the fence than before!

Last edited by rob1963; 08-04-2009 at 03:52 PM.