Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W Audio Da 800 - Amplifier (500 Watt)

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    Yes thats all included in the price--no extra charge

regards

Alan
    CRAZY K
    How much do you charge for shirts then? I've always thought it would be great to have your shirt ironed just before you go on.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    RCA Inputs are good enough for BBC Glastonbury, can't say I've noticed any difference in sound quality. Just that XLR's and 1/4" are tougher cable.
    & you know this to be correct how exactly?

As Tony said, I seriously doubt an organisation like the BBC would use RCA over XLR

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    It can be an advantage if you have a mixer without XLR/Jack Outputs, such as the Pioneer DJM 400.
    Having just googled it I doubt any serious DJ would be using such a pidley little thing & in any case you could always use something like the leads shown below. I'm beginning to wonder if you are actually anything more than a bedroom hobbyist, because it is becoming apparent that you still need to learn a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Having just googled it I doubt any serious DJ would be using such a pidley little thing & in any case you could always use something like the leads shown below.
    Are you reading this Justin?

I'm beginning to wonder if you are actually anything more than a bedroom hobbyist, because it is becoming apparent that you still need to learn a lot.
    The first step in gaining knowledge is to accept how little you already know. I don't know much.

Having just googled it I doubt any serious DJ would be using such a pidley little thing
    Name hip hop and Scratch DJs tend to use what we would describe as "piddly little mixers" which may only have RCA phono outs, however, the relevant point is at a large event the unbalanced signal is only travelling a very short distance to a DI box.

No difference with keys - 99% of keyboards have unbalanced outputs on 1/4 inch jacks - but again, they get DI'd on stage - so again, the unbalanced signal only goes a few metres.

Max seemed to give the impression that a 100m RCA phono lead was run in the multicore trench at Glasto, which is absolutely ridiculous! Perhaps he was unaware that all the stage sound sources go half way across a field to the FOH desk BEFORE being sent back to the racks behind the stage!

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    Name hip hop and Scratch DJs tend to use what we would describe as "piddly little mixers" which may only have RCA phono outs,
    As I said I doubt any serious DJ would be using such a pidley little thing
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

As I said I doubt any serious DJ would be using such a pidley little thing
    You've not met Justin, have you Steve? Ask him to show you his mixer. I'll give you a hint. It doesn't look a lot like this.
    http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR195988

Sits back and waits for :- "size isn't everything/ it's not what you've got , it's how you use it/ good things come in small packages"

think ill stick to Weddings /Parties with two speakers and a pair of leads

CRAZY K
    Great Stuff, just pop down the local car boot and buy an old Hifi

think ill stick to Weddings /Parties with two speakers and a pair of leads

CRAZY K
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    You've not met Justin, have you Steve? Ask him to show you his mixer. I'll give you a hint. It doesn't look a lot like this.
    http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR195988

Sits back and waits for :- "size isn't everything/ it's not what you've got , it's how you use it/ good things come in small packages"
    Perhaps attach a photo of the Mixer, what is it, a DJM400

& you know this to be correct how exactly?

As Tony said, I seriously doubt an organisation like the BBC would use RCA over XLR

Having just googled it I doubt any serious DJ would be using such a pidley little thing & in any case you could always use something like the leads shown below. I'm beginning to wonder if you are actually anything more than a bedroom hobbyist, because it is becoming apparent that you still need to learn a lot.
    I use Jack to Speakon and balanced Jacks, but I know that RCA's can be used as an Alternative.
    Last edited by Jiggles; 11-04-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: MERGED!!!! :@

Max, I'd cheerfully post a piccy of Justin's mixer, but I haven't got a macro lens for my camera.
    This is my old one, mission control. How I miss her.

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR99940

Justin's saving up to buy it.

The Pioneer DJM 400 may be small in size, but the sound quality is a lot higher than a lot of the larger rackmount mixers used by many mobile DJs

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    The Pioneer DJM 400 may be small in size, but the sound quality is a lot higher than a lot of the larger rackmount mixers used by many mobile DJs
    It's defo better than the old KAM now!