Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: W Audio Da 800 - Amplifier (500 Watt)

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    You've not met Justin, have you Steve? Ask him to show you his mixer. I'll give you a hint. It doesn't look a lot like this.
    http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR195988
    Ah, but in a perfect world, it would be
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    This is my home rig,
    What do you gig with?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Ah, but in a perfect world, it would be
    Oh yuss.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    What do you gig with?

He doesnt do gigs
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post
    In the absence of XLRs, are the Jack and RCA inputs really an "advantage"?

Rather like reviewing a car and listing "steering wheel" as an advantage... but it won;t go faster than 40 mph.
    PMSL......quality that............
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by G&J Roadshow View Post
    He doesnt do gigs
    The Aim of this thread is an Equipment review.

I have seen your Level of equipment, and it is not even worth having.
    You said to me privately that you disapprove of LED Lighting, when it forms a large area of Pro Lighting.

The W Audio DA800 isn't the best amplifier on the market, it isn't the most powerful, but it is decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    The Aim of this thread is an Equipment review.

I have seen your Level of equipment, and it is not even worth having.
    You said to me privately that you disapprove of LED Lighting, when it forms a large area of Pro Lighting.

The W Audio DA800 isn't the best amplifier on the market, it isn't the most powerful, but it is decent enough.

The gear I have I am and so are clients happy with. My gear does the job and earns me money. And does it matter if I like LED lighting or not thats a matter of opinion. And finally I didnt say the amp was good or not so where you get that from
    Last edited by DJWilson; 13-04-2009 at 06:27 PM.
    Nathan.

Max

Nathan does have a valid point - reviewing an amplifier that you use on your home rig in your bedroom, on the MOBILE disco directory equipment review section is somewhat missing the point.

How does the amplifier fare being thrown in and out of a van several times a week?

How does it cope with hot sweaty venue, bad ventilation, etc?

How hot does it get when given a good caning?

Those are the sort of criteria that are relevant to someone reading a review with a view to purchasing a product to use on the road.

Tony

I'll answer the last questions

Being thrown in and out of a van (not literally) they seem to survive okay i.e. pretty robust.

Cooling is usually pretty efficient. I say usually because the air intake is at the top so if you put it in a flightcase, you have to leave at least a 1U gap at the top to allow for airflow. Put it in a 2U flight case and block the air intake and it will overheat.

Soundwise, the DA series lack bottom end (and probably aren't as powerful as they state for full range). I have done a side by side comparison with a Warrior DA and a more upmarket amp of about the same power (actually it was less) and the more upmarket amp was louder before it started to clip and gave much better bottom end (Warrior bass was more of a "phut phut" compared to a more upmarket amp giving a "boom boom").

They may well be fine for bedrooms or a small rig (depending on speaker efficiency, I probably wouldn't use one on its own for more than about 60 people). The one I used was very easy to clip without seeming to be very loud.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I'll answer the last questions

Being thrown in and out of a van (not literally) they seem to survive okay i.e. pretty robust.

Cooling is usually pretty efficient. I say usually because the air intake is at the top so if you put it in a flightcase, you have to leave at least a 1U gap at the top to allow for airflow. Put it in a 2U flight case and block the air intake and it will overheat.

Soundwise, the DA series lack bottom end (and probably aren't as powerful as they state for full range). I have done a side by side comparison with a Warrior DA and a more upmarket amp of about the same power (actually it was less) and the more upmarket amp was louder before it started to clip and gave much better bottom end (Warrior bass was more of a "phut phut" compared to a more upmarket amp giving a "boom boom").

They may well be fine for bedrooms or a small rig (depending on speaker efficiency, I probably wouldn't use one on its own for more than about 60 people). The one I used was very easy to clip without seeming to be very loud.
    Now THAT'S more like a review