Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement LED's ?

Default Replacement LED's ?

Any good techies who could advise me please

I have a pair of prolight LEDJ01 lamps both of which have had a few groups (sets of 3) green led's not illuminating. I've managed to swap out some led's from one lamp to the other and have one fully functional but I need 5 replacements to repair the other. I see Rapid Electronics do a good range but I'm not sure which ones I need as there are several different 5mm clear green options and there doesn't seem to be any identifying markings on the old ones and no information in the technical specs of the lamps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou.

Contact Prolight?

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Contact Prolight?
    Will try sending an email to their sales people but can't find any contact telephone number or end user support info on either the manual or website!

Send them back.
    I had exactly the same , 20minutes use and some of the blocks of 3 green LED`s failed.
    It was a faulty batch from the manufactures , I doubt if you or I were the only ones to experience this problem..

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Nice description of all the guys who run the company but no contact details other than their names.

Don't know if I'd be able to send them back now as I've had them apart, re-soldered LED's here and there and had to re-solder the control cable to the LED PCB as that also fell apart with very little persuasion.

I had one of my LEDJ Blockbuster 6's damaged - on inspection the perspex on the front was only 1mm thick!

Perspex was easily replaced with more robust stuff - and I got a pack of 10 LED's from Ebay to replace the damaged one for the same price as Prolight wanted for a single one. Search for 'Ultra-bright 10mm LED'.

But send it back if it has just failed...

I have a pair of Prolight Equinox cobalts, out of warranty now... both have had about half a dozen green LEDs go this week, must be a common fault. So, basically you can just take them apart and solder in replacement 10mm ultra bright LEDs then? Cool... (followed by re-test by PAT electrician i guess?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickybah View Post
    Nice description of all the guys who run the company but no contact details other than their names.

Don't know if I'd be able to send them back now as I've had them apart, re-soldered LED's here and there and had to re-solder the control cable to the LED PCB as that also fell apart with very little persuasion.
    Click there names for their email address.

Thanks CB. Never spotted that. Have sent an email to Geoff at Technical and await to see if I get a response. So much prefer to have a voice contact.