Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My first light display

Pardoned

The impossibled was the first light that caught my eye, then I was quite taken with the miracled. I've just noticed that acme have a incredibled too, I'll have to have a butchers at that.

I've also seen an ADJ Tri-Phase on youtube, they look good as well.

I need to make a decision, and a purchase, before my first gigs come around in May...

Quote Originally Posted by womble View Post
    Pardoned

The impossibled was the first light that caught my eye, then I was quite taken with the miracled. I've just noticed that acme have a incredibled too, I'll have to have a butchers at that.

I've also seen an ADJ Tri-Phase on youtube, they look good as well.

I need to make a decision, and a purchase, before my first gigs come around in May...
    Time may be a factor, but don't rush it. See if you can observe your intended lights in action at a gig. Somebody on here close to you might fancy a cheap roadie, and a chance to show off their toys.

Justin lent me his lights, and I decided after using them that they weren't for me. I appear to be in a minority by disliking the Impossibled and Parcans, but that's life.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Just to stick my 2 pence in. Go for a ultimax stand and led starcloth as it looks classier than the usual table and light screens (IMO), if you have the spare cash then look at the starcloth booth.

I would agree with others that the ImpossibLED and 4 Dymanos are a good start, or for more variation, look at 2 Dynamos, 2 Pumas, and MiracLEd (similar to the ImpossibLED, only a linear pattern, and not as bulky).
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Thumbs up

Hi Jason.

I personally recommend the Acme Dynamo scanners, they are great.

Best wishes,

Neil.
    Last edited by Starlight; 15-04-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Whats the problem posting links to products? I've seen other folks posting links on this site and havnt been removed.

The only probem Neil, is that lasers need smoke/haze to look their best, and alot of venues dont allow said machines
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 15-04-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoSteve View Post
    The only probem Neil, is that lasers need smoke/haze to look their best, and alot of venues dont allow said machines
    They do look their best with smoke yes, but they do look excellent projected onto walls as their patterns are very good. They would also look good on either one of those licra backgrounds or better still one of those fine material backdrops that Laser World sell.

Best wishes,

Neil.
    Last edited by Starlight; 15-04-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Which is better Acme Impossibled LED Moonflower or American DJ Revo 3 LED Moonflower Effect?

They are sold as similar, the Acme were recommended here, but on the video the Revo 3 has a better pattern from one fitting?

I will be going for a goalpost stand with starcloth, as easier to transport.

I believe I am right in saying that the Acme Dynamo's are not LCD - can you recommend an LCD alternative, as I think it best to keep away from bulbs.

Finally controllers...... I know nothing.... a point in the right direction would be appreciated

Cheers!!!

Me again )

I will be doing a couple of outdoor gigs (if dry) in the summer, the location is under a load of trees, I am thinking a VERY cheap laser would add interest in the trees and be strong enough to give long projection.

Or, would it just give a moving dot in the trees?

Sorry to ask so much, but much to think about )
    Last edited by Corabar Steve; 16-04-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Merged posts

Jason, it's LED. Sorry to be picky, but they are very different.
    Dynamos are available in either format, but the ones referred to previously will have been filament.
    LED Dynamo
    http://www.ukdj.com/index.asp?PageAc...D&ProdID=27773

LED Dynarock
    http://www.ukdj.com/index.asp?PageAc...D&ProdID=27774

I use ADJ Revo rolls (Dynarock equivalent roughly) but the light output is not huge. I suspect the same may be true of the Dynamos.Added to which, it's dots rather than gobos, which is one reason people have suggested filament Dynamos.
    LED scanners without dots cost more.

http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk/item/l...d-%C2%A3193.00
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by FerndownJason View Post

I believe I am right in saying that the Acme Dynamo's are not LCD - can you recommend an LCD alternative, as I think it best to keep away from bulbs.
    We were using the impossibled, tango led and led splashes but they were all the same! just dots on the floor. We have now converted completely back to lamps.

If you have a DJ supplies shop near you go and see a demo of the lights you are interested in.

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by FerndownJason View Post
    Which is better Acme Impossibled LED Moonflower or American DJ Revo 3 LED Moonflower Effect?

They are sold as similar, the Acme were recommended here, but on the video the Revo 3 has a better pattern from one fitting?

I will be going for a goalpost stand with starcloth, as easier to transport.

Finally controllers...... I know nothing.... a point in the right direction would be appreciated

Cheers!!!

Me again )

I will be doing a couple of outdoor gigs (if dry) in the summer, the location is under a load of trees, I am thinking a VERY cheap laser would add interest in the trees and be strong enough to give long projection.

Or, would it just give a moving dot in the trees?

Sorry to ask so much, but much to think about )
    Hi There

There is no difference between the Revo 3 and the Acme Impossibled, apart from the name tag and the Revo 3 has a bit more 'decor' on the case. (If you can call it decor).

Do you mean a 3m goalpost & starcloth or an Ultimax style stand with an over head bar & a starcloth?

The only issue with LED in my opinion is the lack of gobos unless you pay a fair sum of money for LED gobo lights such as the ADJ X-Move LED/X-Scan LED. There is however an LED version of the Dynamo, but without gobos.

Regarding the trees, i'd be inclined to just use some colour wash on them rather than use a laser.

Hope this is of some help!
    Ollie J. Needham
    O.J. Entertainment
    Northamptonshire, UK