Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wanted: Speaker Stands

Quote Originally Posted by SilverlineDiscos View Post
    Yes the cabs I have are wooden and I have bought some screws to fit the top hats. Would bolts definitely be better?
    depends if your top hat is internall or extrnall
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    depends if your top hat is internall or extrnall
    The top hats are internal. I will have to drill holes in the wood in order to accommodate the hats

So my question still 'stands'

on my cabs they just have big scews so that wouold be enough. i wouldnt drill holes for the screws.
    CJ-Entertainment
    Your Professional DJ Service
    Tel: 0771 546 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Cj_The_Dj View Post
    on my cabs they just have big scews so that wouold be enough. i wouldnt drill holes for the screws.
    Hehe I think you missunderstood what I meant

I will be drilling holes for the tophats to sit in. The hole will be just big enough for the speaker stand pole to sit inside the tophat. I won't be drilling holes for the screws, even I know that one

So screws should be enough to take the weight then? As long as I drill in the middle-bottom of the cab, then I should be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverlineDiscos View Post
    Yes the cabs I have are wooden and I have bought some screws to fit the top hats. Would bolts definitely be better?
    I would bolt them mate, Get them nice and tight, You can buy bolts very cheaply from b and q in packs of 8 or so, Probs cost you 2 quid or so, Not sure what your weight of cabs are but in region of 20kg ?

Ahh confusion, You have brought actual top hats, as opposed to top hate plates, In that case if your drilling with a hole saw for them to drop in, Then screws would be ok, I thought you'd brought those plates

Quote Originally Posted by kjdiscos View Post
    I would bolt them mate, Get them nice and tight, You can buy bolts very cheaply from b and q in packs of 8 or so, Probs cost you 2 quid or so, Not sure what your weight of cabs are but in region of 20kg ?

Ahh confusion, You have brought actual top hats, as opposed to top hate plates, In that case if your drilling with a hole saw for them to drop in, Then screws would be ok, I thought you'd brought those plates
    Sorry perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough - I'm good at confusing people

Yup actually bought proper top hats and not the plates. I don't like the plates very much, bit of a hassle lol.

I have a set of hole saws and a drill, will be drilling them tomorrow so thought I'd ask for a bit of advice here first. I have some screws, but had to kind of guess the sizes because I'm waiting for the stands and hats to arive. Can pick some more up though from the DIY shop if they are the wrong size.

Will be posting some pictures when they're done also. I'll set them up in the garden and take a couple of pics. I'm hoping the weather will be good tomorrow so I can do it outside.

Anyway, many thanks for your help both of you. You've reassured me about my little problem

im shocked that your speakers dont already have top hats in them

back in the day (before all speakers had them) most of them had two pieces of wood at the bottom, with a hole in one of them. Basically the hole was already there, just needed tapping through with a hammer
    Peter French - Fulltime DJ And Equipment Rental
    http://www.petefrench.com
    http://www.kidsdisco.net