Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying problem with D2 & ipod

Default Annoying problem with D2 & ipod

Hi folks.

I have a small problem with my D2 and ipod, and although it's not the end of the world, I'd like to sort it out if possible, so I thought I'd post to see if anyone can help.

My itunes music library (& therefore my ipod) have half a dozen playlists...for 70's background music, r&b background music, current music, dance music, most popular requests and slow songs.

Here's the problem. Although these playlists are fine in my itunes music library & on my ipod, when plugging the ipod into my D2, these playlists are duplicated, with each one appearing twice when I enter the playlists menu on the D2. If I then highlight one of these duplicate playlists & press the appropriate button to delete it, the D2 goes through the motions, but the duplicate playlist is still there afterwards & is not deleted at all.

Whenever I use the same method to delete playlists of old clients requests on the D2, these delete just as they should do with no issues whatsoever, so I'm guessing that the problem lies with the fact that a while ago I re-named the playlists which are now duplicated.

The playlist names originally included the number of tracks in that playlist, but when re-naming them, I removed the number of tracks. Therefore, "Background 70s music (40)" was renamed to "Background 70s music" and so on. Although the playlists only appear once in my itunes music library & once on my ipods, they appear twice D2 screen when I enter the playlists menu, once under their original playlist name & once under their new name, and these duplicates simply won't delete.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can delete these duplicate playlists from my D2? I would have gone to the Numark forum, but it seems to have been down for about 5 years.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by rob1963; 27-04-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas on how I can delete these duplicate playlists from my D2? I would have gone to the Numark forum, but it seems to have been down for about 5 years.Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    You've spotted that, have you? Must be taking a lot of maintaining.

Sorry, I have no idea about the playlists.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    You've spotted that, have you? Must be taking a lot of maintaining.
    Indeed. There's obviously more to it than simply "testing some functionality" as their message says.

Sorry, I have no idea about the playlists.
    I didn't think you would, not being one of the people who appreciate how wonderful the D2 is!

I didn't think you would, not being one of the people who appreciate how wonderful the D2 is!
    I reckon there's a man a tad South of you who might know.

(Had the honour of meeting him yesterday. )

I reckon there's a man a tad South of you who might know.

(Had the honour of meeting him yesterday. )
    <trevor_and_simon_impression_on>

We don't do iPods

</trevor_and_simon_impression_on>

Sorry Rob, never having attached an iPod to a d2 I wouldn't know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    <trevor_and_simon_impression_on>

We don't do iPods

</trevor_and_simon_impression_on>

Sorry Rob, never having attached an iPod to a d2 I wouldn't know where to start.
    No problem, Vectis.

I know you're a bit of an expert with the D2, although less of an expert when it comes to connecting ipods to them, or I would have sent you a pm!

How have you updated your D2 Library? Do you do it via computer or via the D2 when you plug in ipod?
    The D2 can understand ipod playlists as well as standard playlists so it may be it is reading the ipod list and then reading the previous entry in its own log. You can fix it by rebuilding the d2 library. it takes some time but should fix the problem.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by spin mobile disco View Post
    How have you updated your D2 Library? Do you do it via computer or via the D2 when you plug in ipod?
    The D2 can understand ipod playlists as well as standard playlists so it may be it is reading the ipod list and then reading the previous entry in its own log. You can fix it by rebuilding the d2 library. it takes some time but should fix the problem.
    Hi Spin,

I always update my D2 library using my computer (whenever I've added any songs to it). I always use the advanced custom setting, and I tick the boxes for create seek tables & remove deleted files.

Thanks for the advice. I believe it's called something like "force total rebuild" in the librarian software.

I'll give that a go.

Hi Spin,

I always update my D2 library using my computer (whenever I've added any songs to it). I always use the advanced custom setting, and I tick the boxes for create seek tables & remove deleted files.

Thanks for the advice. I believe it's called something like "force total rebuild" in the librarian software.

I'll give that a go.

Close. F:/format.

Hello,

I had the same problem too. The possible solutions I have found are:

1. Use force total rebuild in Librarian
    2. Delete the Library and build it again
    3. Use the D2 Manager software to delete the playlists you dont want any more.

Andreas - DJQA