Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Verbal contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    That may have been the case in your day job, but read the link I posted. It's not as black and white as you think, which is why I questioned your post.
    Only reason I posted what i did was its been qualitified twice in real life cases rather than reading off the internet and naturally being law I wouldnt post anything that was not fact.

I cant really comment on your link.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    Only reason I posted what i did was its been qualitified twice in real life cases rather than reading off the internet and naturally being law I wouldnt post anything that was not fact.
    Unfortunatley you did though. Maybe it was 'fact' with the two cases you are commenting on.

Not sure how much more of a fact you can be than having two different cases resulting in the same outcome.

Naturally if you get both parties to argeeing on a verbal contract taking place and all the terms were argeed then it is enforceable but then if that was the case why would you be in court in the first place?

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Not sure how much more of a fact you can be than having two different cases resulting in the same outcome.
    I would have though there would be a fair few more cases with different outcomes. Not a lot is it - 2 with the same outcome.

I am not arguing the toss over your cases. I am making the point, as once again, someone has posted something that could be incorrect information and may not apply to all cases.

And I don't want incorrect information being posted on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I would have though there would be a fair few more cases with different outcomes. Not a lot is it - 2 with the same outcome.

I am not arguing the toss over your cases. I am making the point, as once again, someone has posted something that could be incorrect information and may not apply to all cases.

And I don't want incorrect information being posted on this forum.
    Well thats what the panel decided not me. The law firm we use also said this. Ok in our case it was a clear one party saying there was a verbal contract and the other was not, no other evidence.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Well thats what the panel decided not me. The law firm we use also said this. Ok in our case it was a clear one party saying there was a verbal contract and the other was not, no other evidence.
    To repeat, we still have no factual evidence from anyone yet that a verbal Disco Contract has been enforced---

This extract suggests to me that its highly unlikely that you could get anywhere following cancellation of a verbal agreement phone call--

Complete Verbal Agreements
    In order for a verbal agreement to be legally binding the agreement must have reached completeness. This means that all terms and conditions have been reached and agreed regarding services and terms of pay. Agreements will be incomplete when there are still further terms and conditions to be agreed. Agreements in principle will not usually be upheld in court and will not usually be considered complete verbal agreements.

Until your T and Cs are seen and accepted ( unlikely over the phone but possible on the net ) its going nowhere.

CRAZY K