Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Motherboard to get ?

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    I would recommend separates as the ram is used for the OS than being shared for the graphics. Plus its then upgradable! That 250 is s video out so you ok. As for i7 there poor really. i5s will be out soon there said to be better.
    I'm trying to keep prices down to minimum, but don't mind spending slightly more on prime components.

We have a Geforce card in the downstairs computer, and it's fine.

I'll have a think.

I have always bought Asus or Gigabyte - they have never let me down over the last decade. The budget boards (Asrock, MSI etc) are hit or miss, and not worth the gamble for me.

Cant beat a Q6600 Over clocked to 3.5GHz

I rec a gigabyte board never had any issues with it, Used them for years rock solid to, You could have an internet connection and put that machine in a vlan, That way be seperate from your other machines and you could secure the vlan up nice and secure, And just allow http traffic if you just wanted to browse, Or open up ftp when you want to upload outbound

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    I would recommend separates as the ram is used for the OS than being shared for the graphics. Plus its then upgradable! That 250 is s video out so you ok. As for i7 there poor really. i5s will be out soon there said to be better.
    What Price will all this cost Callum?