Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Consumption

i dont normally take this rig out - i only use it for this event, i dont have any idea on power.

just tell me how i can run it and thats it

Quote Originally Posted by AllStarEventsVisual View Post
    i dont normally take this rig out - i only use it for this event
    So you don't normally take this rig out then?

I normally take the same rig but dont take the extra 4 moving heads and not the vertical trussing and the 4 par cans.

just tell me how i can run it and thats it
    You really won't last long round here with that comment.

As for lighting a lot of people will agree less is more!!!!

As for what the client payed for the more they pay doesn't mean the more gear you have to put in.

Yes its a point that the amount of gear you put in will depend on your price but also there are far more factors that come into price.

As for the answer to your question im not technically minded so I will leave it to the experts!
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk

It seems this forum is more about 'having a laugh', rather than getting straight to the point.

I Agree with Tony's Post, as a 3 Phase power supply could be the most ideal, rather than running off several 13a sockets.

The Only problem with that is, if it's a hall or something, they're not likely to have a 3 Phase Supply, and a generator will be required that isn't really worth it.

I Calculated it last night, and the sound system can all be connected to one 13a Socket with plenty of headroom.

Occasionly a 16a MCB will be fitted, instead of the standard 32a that you would find on a domestic supply etc.

The Only way to answer this question is to sit down for 10 minutes or so, looking up wattages, and working out the amperages for all appliances.

I know the easiest way is 3 Phase, just run one cable to the transformer box, then to a distribution board or 4 way lead.

I'm not sure whether you can just hook a 4 - way extension lead straight to a 32a Plug (obviously with the right connectors).

so how can i run this system - the easist way possible?
    please read the thread, I took the time & effort to explain this in some detail.

I also explained that the easiest/cheapest way possible isn't the best or safest way

I know next to nothing about electrics but one thing that surprises me is that you want the easiest and cheapest way to set it up but don't mind spending a couple of hours rigging your lights up.
    Why you would need so much lighting is beyond me and the cabling alone would look like the spaghetti junction, perhaps you can post a few pics when you've set up because my 5 lights are adequate at the moment and fill a decent size room so i'd like to see your 58 lights in action.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    I know the easiest way is 3 Phase, just run one cable to the transformer box, then to a distribution board or 4 way lead.
    Maxwell, please explain what this transformer box is for. I regularly work with three phase - however typically connect either a 32a or 63a ceeform from the supply, straight into one of our Rubber Box Distros. I'm really puzzled about the transformer, the mere fact we don't use them makes me feel naked and inadequate and I want to learn where I've been going wrong for so many years. Does it make the power stronger or something, perhaps like a few extra watts in case someone unexpected turns up? Please share your knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    I'm not sure whether you can just hook a 4 - way extension lead straight to a 32a Plug (obviously with the right connectors).
    A typical 4-way extension block is rated to 13a and will accept 1.5mm cable (or 2.5mm at a push) With a single phase 32a supply, you should use 4.0mm at the very least and preferably 6.00mm. So a few problems - physically the cable won't fit, the connectors are not rated to 32a and IET guidelines specify that when stepping down (going from a higher to a lower ampere rating) you must have MCB protection.

Now I've answered that for you Maxwell, tell me about that bloody transformer!

What's that I smell?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Burning cable and equipment! Someone's giving me a run for my money

Something don't add up here... And I'm not talking about the power either

I'd love to see some pictures of your other rigs and venues you work in with these rigs.
    UltraBeat Entertainment
    Mobile Disco And Karaoke For All Occasions
    www.ultrabeatentertainment.co.uk