Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microphone echo problems

Default Microphone echo problems

At the moment I have some echo on my microphone and I was wondering if it is possible to remove this?
    At the moment I am using a Shure wireless mic going through a shark feedback destroyer.
    I know some of you use expanders, gates and compressors and various other bits and bobs. Could some please let me know briefly what these do?

Thanks in advance,
    Adam
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing.
    It was here first.

It could be the type of Microphone you're using.

Try moving the 3 Band EQ around.

Thanks for your reply.

I currently use a Shure PG24/PG58 Wireless System, I will try adjusting the EQ, the problem I have is the only EQ I have on the mixer controls the whole lot!
    It was here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaysdisco View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I currently use a Shure PG24/PG58 Wireless System, I will try adjusting the EQ, the problem I have is the only EQ I have on the mixer controls the whole lot!
    How do you mean the whole lot ?, What mixer are you using ?

Thanks for your reply.

You really need to get a mixer with separate eq for the mic channel. it will be a lot easier to sort your problem out then. I use the same mics as you for karaoke with a Numark 200FX mixer and have never had the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kjdiscos View Post
    How do you mean the whole lot ?, What mixer are you using ?
    Literally its does the whole lot, every channel

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    You really need to get a mixer with separate eq for the mic channel. it will be a lot easier to sort your problem out then. I use the same mics as you for karaoke with a Numark 200FX mixer and have never had the same problem.
    Thanks for the info, looks like I will have to invest!
    It was here first.

At the moment I have some echo on my microphone and I was wondering if it is possible to remove this?
    At the moment I am using a Shure wireless mic going through a shark feedback destroyer.
    Make sure you have the delay line compensation disabled on the Shark, this will add what appears to be echo if it is turned on.

This is a feature of the Shark and I would bet any money that this is the cause of your problem.

Delay Line: The Perfect Delay Tactic
    Delay lines are required to compensate for time variations resulting from speaker positioning. The Shark's clever technology enables you to fill this bill to a T: the delay can be adjusted in meters, feet, or milliseconds. The maximum delay time of 2.5 seconds corresponds to a distance of 850 meters. Combining several Shark's with the optional rack-mount kit puts a complete professional speaker management system at your fingertips.
    Last edited by Larry B Entertainment; 28-05-2009 at 02:37 PM.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Literally its does the whole lot, every channel

Thanks for the info, looks like I will have to invest!
    In other words, the whole mix.

no need to invest in a new mixer
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

Default Equliser - Mic Issues

Thanks for your reply.

I have 2 Mixers. An entry level numark one, and a decent 19" rack mount one.

They both have a dedicated equaliser to the microphone channels.

If you are adjusting the equalier shown in orange, then that's the wrong one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by rocketroadshow View Post
    Make sure you have the delay line compensation disabled on the Shark, this will add what appears to be echo if it is turned on.

This is a feature of the Shark and I would bet any money that this is the cause of your problem.

Delay Line: The Perfect Delay Tactic
    Delay lines are required to compensate for time variations resulting from speaker positioning. The Shark's clever technology enables you to fill this bill to a T: the delay can be adjusted in meters, feet, or milliseconds. The maximum delay time of 2.5 seconds corresponds to a distance of 850 meters. Combining several Shark's with the optional rack-mount kit puts a complete professional speaker management system at your fingertips.
    Ahh, clever thinking thats a very good point, thank you, I will have a look.
    It was here first.