Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Custom made shirts/t-shirts

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    no one sees you set up anyway, apart from the cleaner, so why pay for custom clothing to be made and not get seen.
    i am following this thread closely because that is on our agenda to get soon, the reason we want it max is the overall impression it gives out, what looks better max a couple of blokes in t shirts or a couple of blokes in polo shirts with company motifs on them. and it's not just the cleaners and staff that see you setting up, you will be surprised the number of times guest's are around. in an ideal world you setup a long time before the start time but we have been sat outside venues waiting for the reception to finish before we can get access to the room although on those occasions we are dressed smartly, or like a couple of weeks ago we setup in the afternoon and the family and birthday girl were all in the room getting it prepared(putting up banners/balloons and mving tables etc)
    Last edited by andyw; 09-06-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Sorry Max you have no experience of Djing matters and to be frank not even sure why you are here on the forum.

The reason I want polo shirts is not only for setting up equipment but also for my face to face customer meetings. Suit and tie makes you look like a salesman (and even though its a similar reason to why Im having the meeting) theres an stigma attached to this. Wearing a polo shirt not only makes the meeting more laid back and casual but still maintains the company image. I want to distance myself from the £60 dj with a laptop full of illegal songs and more towards an professional events company.

I have ordered some polo shirts in a few sizes for when/if I use a roadie or have a second rig onboard. I have yet however to find a site that lets me design a short sleeve shirt
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

I am getting sick and tired of certain people on this forum stating things which they have no information or evidence to back them up!

Please, please, please DO NOT COMMENT ON THINGS YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT!

As for the Polo shirts, I too wear these to meetings and i feel more comfortable in them. I used to be a Car Salesman for Peugeot and one thing I did notice was this:

During the Summer and also weekends throughout the year we got to wear Polo Shirts, we used to get customer service to ask for feedback.

One question for the feedback was how the salesman was dressed did you find them approachable?!

The overall feedback from customers said they preffered us wearing polo shirts to a shirt and tie.

Yes there is arguments for Shirt and Tie do look more presentable and smarter, but they obviously don't give off the approachable feeling in the case above.

This is my reason behind wearing one, especially to meetings that I have to sell myself and my company/service.

James
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    I have yet however to find a site that lets me design a short sleeve shirt
    Email Andrew at Fantasy Prints as they can order anything in for you.

If I can add my twopenny worth to this thread, we may all be DJs and most of us may be members of NADJ and to a certain degree we play the same type of music but that is where the similarity ends.
    There is no hard and fast rule on what music we should play and what we should wear.
    We are all different characters with our own style of performing,playing at differing functions and venues that require differing dress codes.
    What one person wears be it in a one to one with a client or at a function is down to him.
    Some of you will feel more comfortable in a T-shirt/polo shirt than in a shirt and tie and vice versa.
    I believe that a badly dressed DJ will not give the profession a bad name, just himself.
    As long as we look smart and do a professional job on the night then it`s each to their own.
    Contrary to popular belief I do not come from down your way.
    http://www.ajaysdisco.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
    I believe that a badly dressed DJ will not give the profession a bad name, just himself.
    It's one of many small things that add up to give the profession a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Email Andrew at Fantasy Prints as they can order anything in for you.
    thanks will do

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    It's one of many small things that add up to give the profession a bad name.
    True, but if I had booked a DJ whose appearance let the night down I would not recommend him to friends or family.
    If I had chance to attend another function and that DJ was poorly dressed as well then I would start thinking that they were all tarred with the same brush.
    We could also get into the argument of what to do if a scruffy DJ does a blistering set and a smartly dressed one a rubbish set.
    But we`d be going off on a tangent.
    Contrary to popular belief I do not come from down your way.
    http://www.ajaysdisco.co.uk/

Hang on before this goes way off topic!

Just because Im buying polo shirts doesnt mean Im going to wear them all the time!. For weddings its black tie unless the customer asks otherwise. I might set up in a polo shirt if time allows.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
    True, but if I had booked a DJ whose appearance let the night down I would not recommend him to friends or family.
    If I had chance to attend another function and that DJ was poorly dressed as well then I would start thinking that they were all tarred with the same brush.
    We could also get into the argument of what to do if a scruffy DJ does a blistering set and a smartly dressed one a rubbish set.
    But we`d be going off on a tangent.
    As I said, it all adds up.

Everything matters.