Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shares?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    You still got these, Rich? I hung on to some, and the price has almost doubled since the last post (around 7p - 13p)

Seriously off, though, because I was given a tip about PMG on 22nd October when they were 7.5p (they hit 19p today and still rising, I reckon). I seriously considered but didn't, not long ago they were under 2p and I feared they'd go back in that direction

Yes- although if I am honest I had completely forgotten about them.
    I moved house in July so things like this have been pretty low priority.

They're now pretty much double what I paid for them so I may sell half keep half and see what happens.

Thanks for the prompt.

I've only just seen this shares thread. I bought some Falkland Oil and Gas shares nearly 6 years ago I think, can't remember the date but at 48p they seened a good buy after I did MOR. When Oil was discovered by Rockhopper in the Falklands they went up to 160p when i sold before buying in again at 89p after they dropped. They are 104p today and I wait for the next big rise when I shall sell most again. Got a bit in Desire Petroleum in the Falklands and just waiting to see if the next 2 wells, Dawn and Jacinta, will find oil.
    It sure is a big gamble though.

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabradisco View Post
    Got a bit in Desire Petroleum in the Falklands and just waiting to see if the next 2 wells, Dawn and Jacinta, will find oil.
    It sure is a big gamble though.
    I ended up looking at Desire through PMG (which, btw, has doubled again since my last post!). Looks like Jacinta came up empty, might still be worth a punt though

Now why didn't you tell me about this share last week! (joke).
    Well done you. Looks like you are in for a wee profit there.
    Lee

I've got quite a few shares with different companies. I don't really follow them though.

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    Yes- although if I am honest I had completely forgotten about them.
    I moved house in July so things like this have been pretty low priority.

They're now pretty much double what I paid for them so I may sell half keep half and see what happens.

Thanks for the prompt.
    And now we know what happened- not ideal.

Did you buy any Marc?

Desire petroleum, DES, are worth watching as they are 11.75 today and have been dropping for a long while now. http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChat.asp?ShareTicker=DES
    Des have not got the money for more wells and may sell their share in Sea Lion IMO to Rockhopper for at least 90p per share.
    Worth buying into IMO as they found oil in commercial quantity which is part of Rockhopper Sea Lion find. 300 million barrels there in total and should be in production 2017. http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/57943/...-sea-lion-2017

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    And now we know what happened- not ideal.

Did you buy any Marc?
    I haven't topped up again, but I do still have some AFE shares. Not many, though, so not losing any sleep over their recent performance. Normally with the low they're at just now I'd consider topping up, but all the recent news is so bad I think they're at risk of going to the wall and it'd be money down the drain...so I'll leave it as it is. AFE gave me a good run in the past, though

Quote Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
    Desire petroleum, DES, are worth watching as they are 11.75 today and have been dropping for a long while now. http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareChat.asp?ShareTicker=DES
    Des have not got the money for more wells and may sell their share in Sea Lion IMO to Rockhopper for at least 90p per share.
    Worth buying into IMO as they found oil in commercial quantity which is part of Rockhopper Sea Lion find. 300 million barrels there in total and should be in production 2017. http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/57943/...-sea-lion-2017
    DES have been on my watchlist for a while now, but I've never had the urge to buy. Others currently on my shortlist are Premier Foods (PFD) and Snoozebox (ZZZ), if only I had some spare money (just upgraded my PC!).

My bank almost convinced me to sink £10k into stocks and shares a few years ago.

I didn't but kept track of the markets and had I invested, I'd have lost several K within the space of a few months.

Needless to say that put me off investing in any shape or form. I'm quite happy for my money to sit safely gathering nothing in interest rather than letting some gimp in a Gucci suit gamble with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I haven't topped up again, but I do still have some AFE shares. Not many, though, so not losing any sleep over their recent performance. Normally with the low they're at just now I'd consider topping up, but all the recent news is so bad I think they're at risk of going to the wall and it'd be money down the drain...so I'll leave it as it is. AFE gave me a good run in the past, though
    Typical...after writing this on Friday AFE have jumped and are currently 260% up (0.125 - 0.45 per share)...I guess I should have topped up after all!