Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Once over

Default Once over

Can someone take a look over this http://cbentertainments.co.uk/newsite/index.php for spelling errors and general ease of use. Before I put it live. You all know what I'm like. Can't see the wood for the trees!

Cheers

No problem, Callum.

Home page:

"With Children's Parties being our specialty." The word with should not begin with a capital letter.

"take the time to have a look about our web site." I think it should say "take the time to have a look around our web site.

About us page:

"CB Entertainments is owned and ran by..." should be "CB Entertainments is owned and run by..."

"Hire can be viewen here" As far as I know, viewen is not a word.

Terms & conditions page:

"4. Non refundable booking fees will not be refunded." Isn't that stating the bleeding obvious?

"6. All roadshow equipment that is used is checked prior to arrival..." would sound better if changed to "All equipment is checked prior to arrival..."

"12. All outdoor events will require the event organizer to proved adequate protection against the weather." should be "provide adequate protection against the weather."

FAQ page:

"Can I choose my favourite songs to be played?

Yes. You are welcome to E-mail us with a list of your favourite songs, which we will endeavor to play for you to make yours a night to remember. Or if you prefer, just let us know"

You can't start a sentence with the word or.

"We have music streaching from the 60s to the 00s" needs changing to "We have music stretching from the 60s to the 00s"

"If power is to be supplyed by a genarator we must be informed before hand." needs changing to "If power is to be supplied by a generator we must be informed beforehand."

"What kind of disco doesn't come with lights!" the exclamation mark at the end needs replacing with a question mark.

"How long does the disco take to set-up?" The hyphen needs removing, as set up is two words.

Finally, in the recent updates on the left of your pages, "New Site is here!
    After a wee while of playing with site lay ours and fiddling we can now unveil our latest layout!" I think that should say layout.

I think that's about it.

I like the website Callum but one or two things...

Would you really charge someone £20 to use your smoke machine!

The picture with 4 ladies and the caption "Dance the night away," in my personal opinion look a bit naf. I think you need a picture of a whole crowd dancing and not 4 ladies....apart from that I think it looks great.

Top effort

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    No problem, Callum.
    Terms & conditions page:

"4. Non refundable booking fees will not be refunded." Isn't that stating the bleeding obvious?
    Doesn't it have to. All changes done.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    I like the website Callum but one or two things...

Would you really charge someone £20 to use your smoke machine!

The picture with 4 ladies and the caption "Dance the night away," in my personal opinion look a bit naf. I think you need a picture of a whole crowd dancing and not 4 ladies....apart from that I think it looks great.

Top effort
    I don't normally take the smoke out as its more of a pain than a help. If someone really wants it then they can pay more for it IMO.

As for the top banner a crowed made it look really busy and not very spacious.

No problem, Callum.

Terms & conditions page:

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Doesn't it have to.
    In that case, I'm adding something to my t & c stating "The deposit which you pay is a deposit"

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    All changes done.

In that case, I'm adding something to my t & c stating "The deposit which you pay is a deposit"

Shadup!

Sorry, I just feel that smoke enhances your lighting effects. It makes YOU and your light show look better...each to their own

Sorry, I just feel that smoke enhances your lighting effects. It makes YOU and your light show look better...each to their own
    I don't know tbh the last time i had it out was about 2 years ago!

I just feel that smoke enhances your lighting effects. It makes YOU and your light show look better.
    It certainly makes ME look better...especially if I use enough of it so that nobody can see me!

It certainly makes ME look better...especially if I use enough of it so that nobody can see me!

Dry ice waterfall. Or a concrete wall.