Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Website Overhaul........

Default Website Overhaul........

Currently have the website www.deckstardeluxe.co.uk and think it could be alot better. Im on bt web hosting and using their design program think its called "easysitewizard Pro".

Firstly the idea is to keep it simple. People hitting the home page can find the link they need straight away. Im thinking having tabs on the left side of the page for weddings, birthdays etc.. for the different type of events which will take them to a page to show some photos and a quick sales pitch.

I do need to find a good picture of a couple having the first dance as I have always felt rude about taking photos of the couple. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Finally anything on the site that I should include. Im wanting to take more 18th/21st bookings as nearly all my bookings have been weddings. The show is alot different for my "mobile nightclub" but not had the gig booked yet to take photos of it :S

Thanks for your help guys.

Neil
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Neil...

Have a look at your statement on the home page, there is a couple of grammatical errors and lack of capital letters etc, start there as that is the first thing people will see when they visit.

Eg... We are an PROFESSIONAL.....should be "We are a professional".... not really any need for capital letters in the word professional.

Put some capital's on the place names.

And..... "make your event an special"...should be "a special".

The last line could be rewrote if you felt the need with the word music replacing records perhaps.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Babybob View Post
    The last line could be rewrote if you felt the need with the word music replacing records perhaps.
    And shouldn't that be rewritten?
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

The main thing I noticed was the width of your website pages.

Not only are they all different, but with one exception they all require scrolling from left to right in order to see the full width, so I think this needs addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    I do need to find a good picture of a couple having the first dance as I have always felt rude about taking photos of the couple. Anyone have any ideas on this?
    You could either ask permission in advance to take a photo (if you're meeting with the B&G before the event that should be easy enough to do), or ask the B&G if you could have one after the event (as I'm sure their families would have taken plenty!) On your photos generally, why have you included such incredibly high resolution pics? If they're bigger than the average screen then they're too big - I have to scroll around them to see the whole thing and they take ages to download, even on 10Mbit broadband! Potential customers just want to be able to see the content, not print them as A1 posters

Julian

Just had a quick look through the rest of your site and there are quite a few spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in there, i'm a bit busy at work for the next couple of hours so I won't be able to help straight away but i'm sure Rob or Excalibur will be along shortly to point them out and maybe suggest some ideas.

I hope this was the sort of information you were after along with other ideas on improvements, as i'm not trying to pick faults.

For me spelling and grammar goes a long way in presenting a professional website and properly constructed method statements can make all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    You could either ask permission in advance to take a photo (if you're meeting with the B&G before the event that should be easy enough to do), or ask the B&G if you could have one after the event (as I'm sure their families would have taken plenty!) On your photos generally, why have you included such incredibly high resolution pics? If they're bigger than the average screen then they're too big - I have to scroll around them to see the whole thing and they take ages to download, even on 10Mbit broadband! Potential customers just want to be able to see the content, not print them as A1 posters

Julian
    I've always held the view that while peoples eyes should be transfixed on the bride and groom I would of thought people looking at the dj taking photos wouldnt look very professional.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    And shouldn't that be rewritten?

Haha... well it's either/or....

v. re·wrote (-rōt'), re·writ·ten (-rĭt'n), re·writ·ing, re·writes

v. tr.

To write again, especially in a different or improved form; revise.
    To put (material submitted to a newspaper or magazine) in a form suitable for publishing.
    Computer Science To save (a usually altered file) over its most recent version in the same storage location.
    v. intr.
    To make revisions in written material.
    n. (rē'rīt')

The act or an instance of rewriting.
    Something rewritten.
    re·writ'a·ble, re·write'a·ble adj., re·writ'er n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved

Quote Originally Posted by Babybob View Post
    Just had a quick look through the rest of your site and there are quite a few spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in there, i'm a bit busy at work for the next couple of hours so I won't be able to help straight away but i'm sure Rob or Excalibur will be along shortly to point them out and maybe suggest some ideas.

I hope this was the sort of information you were after along with other ideas on improvements, as i'm not trying to pick faults.

For me spelling and grammar goes a long way in presenting a professional website and properly constructed method statements can make all the difference.

Yes indeed it does, english isnt my strongest point...... many thanks

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    I've always held the view that while peoples eyes should be transfixed on the bride and groom I would of thought people looking at the dj taking photos wouldnt look very professional.
    Well if they are transfixed on the B&G they won't be looking at you then.. (I'd better put a few grins in, just in case ).

Why not ask one of the guests to take a few snaps using your camera, as long as you have the consent of the B&G to use the shots on your webpage.