Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And my choice is.....RCF !

Default And my choice is.....RCF !

Further to my thread on RCF's I went down to HTF today and Adam kindly demo'd various speakers.

The ones demo'd were:

Rcf 312a (350w)

Mackie SRM450's V2 (450w)

QSC HPR 1221 (500w)

JBL Eon 515

I know this will open (probably) another can of worms but I went with th RCF's just ahead of the QSC's.

Soundwise it was great to get a side by side comparison. To listen to the Mckie and RCF next to each other there was no competition. For me the Mackie was too "harsh" with the top end . The RCF was my prefered sound.

I was nearly swayed by the QSC but unfortunately it was nearly as heavy if not slightly more than my current PSR15a's I liked the sound from it alot, but wasn't prepared to keep doing my back in.

The JBL's were over budget although a didn't find it a "warm" sound so wouldn't have got them anyway.

So there you go.

I went for the RCF's and look forward to using them for the next couple of years at least.
    Last edited by Spirits High; 24-06-2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

welcome to the club may you and your rcfs have many happy gigs together

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Further to my thread on RCF's I went down to HTF today and Adam kindly demo'd various speakers.

Soundwise it was great to get a side by side comparison. To listen to the Mckie and RCF next to each other there was no competition. For me the Mackie was too "harsh" with the top end . The RCF was my prefered sound.
    Was that with a flat EQ, out of interest? Low Cut or Contour buttons in at all...? (I my Mackies)

The ones demo'd were:

Rcf 312a (350w)

Mackie SRM450's V2 (450w)

QSC HPR 1221 (500w)

JBL Eon 515

I know this will open (probably) another can of worms but I went with th RCF's just ahead of the QSC's.

I was nearly swayed by the QSC but unfortunately it was nearly as heavy if not slightly more than my current PSR15a's I liked the sound from it alot, but wasn't prepared to keep doing my back in.

The JBL's were over budget although a didn't find it a "warm" sound so wouldn't have got them anyway.

So there you go.

I went for the RCF's and look forward to using them for the next couple of years at least.
    You didnt go for the 15inch speaker Paul?

Any reason--apart from cost?

ALAN
    CRAZY K

Was good to catch up mate.
    Glad the visit was worthwhile.

I'll PM you tomorrow at some point, was rushed off my feet 'till 6

Did two other side by side demos with the SRM 450 v2 & the RCF Art 312s as they were out, and both customers bought the RCF's, so earnt my wages for today

Quote Originally Posted by pagan_flame View Post
    Was that with a flat EQ, out of interest? Low Cut or Contour buttons in at all...? (I my Mackies)
    Either way, side by side, there's a huge difference, with the RCF outperforming in clarity, tightness and bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    Did two other side by side demos with the SRM 450 v2 & the RCF Art 312s as they were out, and both customers bought the RCF's, so earnt my wages for today
    Had i known you were on commision Adam, i would have asked for you when i got mine

The RCF really are the dogs dangaly bits. I was a bit aprihensive at first because i'd only ever used old RCF stuff that was a tad rubbish. But these are quality. I nuse the 312s on their own a fair bit paul and they are sweet...even better with a bass bin in the set-up. Future purchase maybe?
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoSteve View Post
    Had i known you were on commision Adam, i would have asked for you when i got mine
    I wish I did mate, it was just a tongue in cheek comment.

Whether I sell an RCA to RCA cable or 20 RCF cabs, I get all

Another happy RCF user then. They will serve you well. Ive had mine now about a year. I upgraded from the SRM450s as many know.

Im glad i did

The ART 705 bin for that extra bottom end is a must when funds allow. It is one of the best active subs out there and will sound lovely with the 312A's

Quote Originally Posted by Twinspin View Post
    Another happy RCF user then. They will serve you well. Ive had mine now about a year. I upgraded from the SRM450s as many know.

Im glad i did

The ART 705 bin for that extra bottom end is a must when funds allow. It is one of the best active subs on the market and will sound lovely with the 312A's
    Absolutely. With that rig you can get busted for excessive noise , no trouble.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Oops