Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Available this weekend threads

Once people know its there and get used to it, they will know exactly where to go if they need to find someone quickly, so I don't see any benefit personally in having it somewhere else - people would still have to know to go there, so IMHO it doesn't really matter where it is.

Steve has volunteered to clear out the previous week's posts every Monday morning, so that should keep it clean and tidy.

I do agree on the geography bit though - that's why Soundtracker & I have added the Counties covered to our signatures.... if people did something similar, surely it's job done?

Don't get me wrong, there are probably a lot better ways of doing it, but most will take some serious organisation: shall we just give this a go to see how it works and review it again in a month or so? During this time, we can see what the actual, working pitfalls are, and think about the best way forward that will resolve these problems. ??????????????????????

Sounds like a plan to me
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

May I make another suggestion may it be easier to have a tick box underneath our post rates saying dates free this week example using yours corbar

Age 38
    Dates free this week:
    Mon Tue Wed Thur Fri X Sat X Sun

we could then check our own boxes each week

Your profile details are part of the basic program, so I doubt that would be possible

worth investigating though. Remove our ages line, no one needs to know these

that would mean re-writing the forum code from the inside. not impossible but probably impractical & more or less pointless as it may leave the site prone to hackers because quite frankly we won't know what we are doing with it as we didn't write the forum script, Jelsoft did, so they would have put code in that only they would understand & we'd only **** it up.

Also, Jelsoft could possibly get a little 'upset' at you mucking about with their software!!!

they do have hackers & modders (after all the arcade i a mod as is the last 10 posters) & there are plenty of people who are "allowed" to muck about with it on a 3rd party basis. However how they'd take a couple of people who know next to nothing about how the software is coded I can only imagine.

Think of the forum like a cake, We know how the forum works - but like a cake, you know how it's made & what from, but you don't know the orignal recipe & unless you know the recipe then you end up making a mess when you try to make improvements.. you can add things to it to make it look better such as icing & piping, but you still have to keep the orignal cake underneath.

Might be better to post this in the apprpriate thread for your area Sean. This thread was purely discussing the area threads!

I've moved it to the appropriate thread.

I'm locking this thread now to prevent it happening again
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries