Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Available this weekend threads

It has been brought to my attention that you can't see the region in the "New Posts" section. When I do the first clear out, I will re-post the threads to include the titles so that the region is also included (unless another Mod or Admin can tell me how to change the title without re posting the whole message)
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Just one other thing, some of the Regions are quite large, so, as well as giving free dates, if people could also say what areas they cover in the "Available this weekend" threads for their chosen region(s), it would be a big help!

Please also keep those threads purely for listing the dates you are free - if there is a lot of 'chat' on there, it will defeat the object (ie, being able to see who may be free at a quick glance) Ta!
    Last edited by Corabar Entertainment; 05-05-2006 at 08:59 AM.

Angela,

I wonder if it is possible to have the replies to these threads which aren't directly availability posts deleted to bring it back to where it should be?

Yes - I was thinking about that; but on the other hand, it might be better to leave it for this round to get all the 'glitches' out. Then when Steve clears them out on a week Monday they will be chat free.... not sure which is best.

Can they be moved to a different thread? As they are rather valid points!

Ok - I'm trying, but it is a bit of a process, may take a while and won't probably read too well when I'm done!

just a brainwave from a webdesign perspective.. one for Richie to perhaps impliment

perhaps having a thread idea like this is a bad move. it just creates confusion. How about using a seperate message board off the forum to do the same idea. Something along similar lines to the bulletin board I put on the Reemicks website for their petiton idea.

e.g. start a thread for each area then people can add availalability as reply threads & it's not just restricted to forum members. Plus it's easy to moderate/administrate

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment
    Ok - I'm trying, but it is a bit of a process, may take a while and won't probably read too well when I'm done!
    Well that has been an unmitigated disaster!

I split the threads, and the posts disappeared the original places, and the new thread showed up..... but when I went to the new thread to merge them altogether, there's nothing there!!!!

So, in short..... all the 'chat' posts have disappeared!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie
    just a brainwave from a webdesign perspective.. one for Richie to perhaps impliment

perhaps having a thread idea like this is a bad move. it just creates confusion. How about using a seperate message board off the forum to do the same idea. Something along similar lines to the bulletin board I put on the Reemicks website for their petiton idea.

e.g. start a thread for each area then people can add availalability as reply threads & it's not just restricted to forum members. Plus it's easy to moderate/administrate
    Surely whatever system we try is going to have teething problems as people get used to the system?

true, but i was thinking along the lines of using it as a more flexible / more easy to control system so posts don't get buried in the forum. It could always be linked from the forum.. for example instead of having a forum that goes to a list of threads, it could divert to the listings of who/what is avaiable

also going back a step or two to the listing disco's in each area, have you seen this? It lists in area order, however it does still create that other problem i.e. the geography such as like i was saying yesterday that although I am listed in Stoke on trent I can also work in Stafford, Newcastle under Lyme etc as well as a few places that there are no shows listed for such as Crewe as they are only a few strides away.