Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I was at this wedding and.....

I'm really appalled at this. How the hell did he get away with charging them £500! That is crazy! How does he not have any of those songs!?

I could have run circles round him. Sorry if that sounds a tad cocky but the guy must be at least 45 years old.

the songs requested was what the bride wanted but even the most basic of party songs was not available but they made the best of a bad situation and we did have a good night partly down to large amounts of beer and good company.

at 10 pm i asked him for a microphone so i could say a few words but i had so much feed back which he could not adjust i gave in in the end told to turn the music off and just used my voice.

i dont think they will be calling on his services again and as for weddings i think he needs to look at his music collection and get it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by charlie brown View Post
    I'm really appalled at this. How the hell did he get away with charging them £500! That is crazy! How does he not have any of those songs!?

I could have run circles round him. Sorry if that sounds a tad cocky but the guy must be at least 45 years old.
    Whats age got to do with it--

Some of us are over 45 and can run circles round people half our age--eh Peter---

Its the person that counts

CRAZY K

the first dance was done cotton eye jo 5,6,7,8 rick astley and chesnew hawkes also macarana he had NONE of these
    what type of mobile dj doesnt carry those songs? pathetic. Was the guy using records?

and that big advertising banner on the front its horrible!

Silver shame on you

What a messy set up,how can someone be proud of this.he obviously has no wedding djing experience or he would have a set up that could be assembled within 30 mins due to the quick turnaround of the hall.

I cannot believe that it took him so long to set up,after all he has made no effort to do a basic tidy up of the cables\work area.

Daz could you not have recommended a fellow dj that you could vouch for in this situation,at least they would be half decent and play requests.

Quote Originally Posted by soundmaster mobile disco View Post
    What a messy set up,how can someone be proud of this.he obviously has no wedding djing experience or he would have a set up that could be assembled within 30 mins due to the quick turnaround of the hall.

I cannot believe that it took him so long to set up,after all he has made no effort to do a basic tidy up of the cableswork area.

Daz could you not have recommended a fellow dj that you could vouch for in this situation,at least they would be half decent and play requests.
    my friend the groom had booked him through a friend so it was all ready done

PLI - £100!!!

Surely his PLI would be nil and void if he doesn't have PAT Tested equipment anyway and the way in which his wiring is on the bar I would imagine it was cables all over the place on the floor so health and safety wise it must have been like spaggetti junction!
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk

How infuriating.

See I know I don't run the perfect Mobile Disco, but I'm getting there...we've got the 3 p's (Pro,Pli,Pat), we do pre-gig visits, our cabling is neat (but could be neater...I'm working on it) and we make sure we carry obvious party staples like 5,6,7,8 and above all else we work hard to make every gig work...and I still have an element of guilt/lose gigs cos of how much I charge, even though its less than this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by daz226 View Post
    At 18:30 the DJ had the all clear to begin setting up for the disco to start at 7 30 pm how ever at 7 30pm i went in to check if all was ok and was stunned to see the disco only half set up i asked how much further time was required and was told half an hour. I then went and let the bride and guests know. at 8 pm i again went to see if the disco was ready and again was told half a hour now this was starting to get a little frustrating now so i again informed the bride and guests at 8 30 pm i wnt back in to find he still was not ready so i said to him to put some music on so as i could get the guests in who were becomming frustrated.

at 20 45 i hr and 15 mins late we eventually had the music going
    How on EARTH could it take him two and a quarter hours to set up?

The access must have been unbelievably diabolical.

I then arranged for the first dance to be played at 2100 hrs and that he was to announce the new bride and groom to the floor and also requested 6 songs to be played as soon as the first dance was done cotton eye jo 5,6,7,8 rick astley and chesnew hawkes also macarana he had NONE of these and said the bride had not requested them. At 9 pm the first dance song was played with nothing from the dj to anounce this so i had to get the bride and groom up as quick as possible.
    How could any DJ not announce the first dance and not have such obvious requests?

he could not do one single request every song requested he never had no i am not talking about obseure tracks i am talking popular 80's tracks this i thought was some kind of joke but the best was yet to come
    Unbelievable.

He charged a total of 400
    Looks like I DEFINATELY need to put my prices up!

and requested a further 100 for PLI yes 100 for 1 nights PLI which he expected the bride to pay for.
    He could have got a YEAR'S worth of PLI for that!

the load in was very easy all on the ground floor with not a big distance to get set up.

it was extreamly frustrating watching him choose the next track and then watch the dance floor empty because he could not keep a consistant music type going if he had not been paid in advance then i can asure you he would not have had his full fee come the end of the night.

the wedding reception will be remembered for the wrong reasons because put simply we was let down by the DJ.

when i seen him setting i thought ok no probs i am sure once set up he will get changed in to smart gear for a wedding but no that did not happen.

this just proves that you dont allways get what you pay for.