Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale items & Ebay

Default For Sale items & Ebay

I know that this has probably been done before, but;

How about making a rule that people listing items for sale cannot link to an ebay listing.

I was under the impression that the whole idea of the "For Sale/wanted" section was to give members first refusal, and by implementiong this rule, prospective sellers can still get a sale, without paying ebay for the privilidge.

Granted there isnt the same "protection" whilst selling on the forum, but most folk here are decent guys/girls.

What do you think?
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

100%

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    I know that this has probably been done before, but;

How about making a rule that people listing items for sale cannot link to an ebay listing.

I was under the impression that the whole idea of the "For Sale/wanted" section was to give members first refusal, and by implementiong this rule, prospective sellers can still get a sale, without paying ebay for the privilidge.

Granted there isnt the same "protection" whilst selling on the forum, but most folk here are decent guys/girls.

What do you think?

Good idea,

However I think you'll find most people that list things for sale do so on here for about a week then if they get no joy they ebay it with a link just to let people know.

So for me aslong as it's posted on here first for a minimum of say 7 days before being listed ebay then that's ok.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    Good idea,

However I think you'll find most people that list things for sale do so on here for about a week then if they get no joy they ebay it with a link just to let people know.

So for me aslong as it's posted on here first for a minimum of say 7 days before being listed ebay then that's ok.
    That sounds like a good happy medium Paul

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Have to say it narks me off no end when I see a for sale listing and click through to find a link to fleabay. That's when I almost invariably lose interest.

On the other hand complicating the rules is only going to mean work for mods so that's probably not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Have to say it narks me off no end when I see a for sale listing and click through to find a link to fleabay. That's when I almost invariably lose interest.

On the other hand complicating the rules is only going to mean work for mods so that's probably not gonna happen
    I too loose interest as soon as i see its ebay Martin.

It souldnt be any more work if people read the rules........but then again thats hard enough with whats inplace for some

Just to let you know it's currently under disscussion as to how to work it with ebay links etc.

So keep watching
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post

We'll let the forum members decide if the the rule should be implimented. I'll start a poll later for you to vote on the proposed rule implimentation.

If the rule is voted in favour, we'll add it as per Pauls suggestion. i.e. an ebay link may be added after one week.
    Last edited by Shaun; 20-07-2009 at 10:09 PM.

I've mentioned it once or twice in the past, I agree that items should at least be offered to forum members first, before going on general auction elsewhere