Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: play your cards right

Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    sorry to sound stupid but how does this game work do people pay to be involved and then they win? how ??
    Glad to enlighten you, Sted.

Here's how I do it at my Thursday quiz night:

People buy raffle tickets for £1 each. Later on, I drawn out a ticket & that person comes up to play the game (while I play the theme tune). They mix up the cards, then I deal 8 cards face down onto the board in two rows of 4.

They have to turn over all cards correctly by predicting whether each card will be higher or lower than the previous one. If they turn over all 8 cards correctly, they win the jackpot. If they don't win, the money rolls over to the following week, and keeps rolling over until it's won.

They have the option to change the first card if they want to, Aces count high and if a pair comes up the game is over.

Hopefully that covers everything.

Last edited by rob1963; 20-07-2009 at 02:30 PM.

wow cool. so its not a game you could run just in one night. what am thinking is i run a disco every sunday and we play a games to engage some of the quests with more severe disabilities. so would be good if we could run something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Glad to enlighten you, Sted.

Here's how I do it at my Thursday quiz night:

People buy raffle tickets for £1 each. Later on, I drawn out a ticket & that person comes up to play the game (while I play the theme tune). They mix up the cards, then I deal 8 cards face down onto the board in two rows of 4.

They have to turn over all cards correctly by predicting whether each card will be higher or lower than the previous one. If they turn over all 8 cards correctly, they win the jackpot. If they don't win, the money rolls over to the following week, and keeps rolling over until it's won.

They have the option to change the first card if they want to, Aces count high and if a pair comes up the game is over.

Hopefully that covers everything.

That's pretty much the same way as I do it too.

Cheers everyone
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Great minds...

Default play your cards right

thanks for all the interest in the question and on reflection i think after listening i will get some big cards and a board for better interaction with the punters and of course dolly the dealer
    thanks
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by wayne128 View Post
    and of course dolly the dealer
    Pick a winner mate ! I used too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Me too. Only difference is I deal out ten cards, two rows of four then a top row of 2 (The "Jackpot Row"!).

I did dabble with a PC-based version which I wrote myself (nothing flash, simple graphics and a basic random-number generator program). It lasted one week before I gave up and went back to the cards. Now it's cards everytime for me (and the pack cost around £40 all those years ago from a long-gone magic shop).
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Me too. Only difference is I deal out ten cards, two rows of four then a top row of 2 (The "Jackpot Row"!).
    The number of cards I use was dictated by the win rate I wanted, so I started with that & then worked backwards.

It was important to get this right, as a high win rate would mean small jackpots & a low win rate would mean massive jackpots but people might be put off...as it would hardly ever get won.

I knew roughly how much cash I'd be taking each week & I knew what sort of level I'd like the maximum jackpot to reach (around £400). From that, I worked out that I needed a win rate of about 1 in 14.

Once I knew the win rate I needed, I played out the game many hundreds of times at home with various different numbers of cards - some where you could change the first card & some where you could not. This showed me how many cards I needed to use & whether I could let them change the first card in order to get the required win rate.

It worked out that using 8 cards & giving them the option to change the first card produced the win rate I was looking for...about 1 in 14.

Common sense suggested that 8 cards were best split into 2 rows of 4, so I then went out & got the materials to make up the board.

I always feel that the more planning you can do when trying something new, the less change there is of things not working out how you hope!

Mind if if i rob your theory work Rob?
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.