Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding DJ's 16 & Under?

Default Wedding DJ's 16 & Under?

Stemming form Charlies giglog and concerning wedding DJ's that are 16 and under.

I see some of you guys out there are of the opinion that a 16 year old is experienced enough and mature enough to deal with the not so easy feat of representing the whole nights entertainment at a wedding. I have to a agree that there are some young lads that represent that age group on here that maybe up to the presentation of setup and music choice but personally I wouldn't like a 16 year old MC'in my wedding, introducing the first dance, second dance and what ever the specific wedding requires.

This is obviously just my opinion, it would be nice to see what the general feelings are on this. But remember, think how you would feel if you turned up to your wedding reception to find the D.J. is 14/15/16 how would you initially feel?

I don't see a problem if they are competant and mature.

I'm 18 and when I turn up to a function or wedding, people are usually shocked and always ask me how old I am.

Once I get chatting to them though, they chill out.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

I think with younger birthdays you can get away with it, but with weddings, I'd want someone older, but not too old. My brother had a dj for his engagement and all he wanted to play was the waltz and tango!

Even when we asked him to play some more modern songs (70's onwards) he refused to.....and he didn't have any lights!

Anyway, back on topic, I would want someone similar age to me or older but not OAP! and who knows how to create a party.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    but not OAP!
    Peter I'm thinking he means you.

I could do one easily but knowing me I would put my size 12s into it badly so I don't do them.

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    Anyway, back on topic, I would want someone similar age to me or older but not OAP! and who knows how to create a party.
    Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Peter I'm thinking he means you.
    I beleive that comment is still worthy of being a hanging offence up north

.....Over to you Peter!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

I was doing weddings at 16 on a regular basis, never had a problem. If i booked a dj and it turned out he was 16 i would probably feel the need to have a chat with him and run everything by him and make sure he knows what i want. To be honest i would do the same with any dj, and did do on my engagement party a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Javlingames View Post
    I was doing weddings at 16 on a regular basis, never had a problem.
    Accompanied by an adult?

This really depends on the maturity and skills of the DJ. I started DJing at 15 but can't really remember when I did my first wedding. What I do know is that whoever booked me would have been through a personal referal or recommendation, which is a lot different than getting an internet booking where the people booking don't know the DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Accompanied by an adult?
    nope, my mum used to drop me off and collect me at the end

I think as we have seen from this forum age is no barrier the young guys who over the last 18 months we have seen mature in to very competant DJ's are living proof that providing they have the ability then there should be no problems.

I am renewing my vows next year as 18 years ago i had a microwave wedding this time the wife want the full works and i would be proud to have a 16 year old do my disco as i am sure that the night would be awesome.

Darren started at 15 look at him now ok the years have not been kind to his body but he is a outstanding dj and i honestly beleive ollie and charlie could go down that road the future of these kids is very very bright.

so in short i would have no objection to a young dj doing a wedding for me