Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microphone Feedback Help

Default Microphone Feedback Help

We need help ! Everytime we try and do a karaoke that the mics are giving us feedback from the speakers and we move the speakers far apart and people start to complain saying they cant here there voice when singing... and we cant turn the sound up because of the feedback from the speakers..

at the moment we are using for the karaoke is... a karaoke player for the mics which gos into the mixer and was wondering of buying a karaoke mixer (pa system) if anyone got any ideas which be greatfull
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Pine Apple Entertainments Mobile Disco
    http://www.pinapplentertainments.co.uk

1. Get the speakers up higher.
    2. Get the singers behind the speakers.
    3. Buy better quality mics.

we have tryed highing the speakers but the sound comes out rubish also i have been to some karaoke's which use a pa mixer and would it be better ?

Are you using wired or wireless mics. Are you controlling the mics separate to the karaoke player. And do you have gain control on your mixer.

I use Kam 1940 wireless mics through an Alesis mixer (with Gain control) we never have feedback! the Trick with the speakers is to have them forward of the singer, but angled inwards and the mic volume turned up loud enough!

It would help if you could set up your rig somewhere you can experiment with the speaker and mic set up!

A floor monitor may help, but if you haven't got your mics set up right, you will still get feedback.

Cheers

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjovi View Post
    Are you using wired or wireless mics. Are you controlling the mics separate to the karaoke player. And do you have gain control on your mixer.

I use Kam 1940 wireless mics through an Alesis mixer (with Gain control) we never have feedback! the Trick with the speakers is to have them forward of the singer, but angled inwards and the mic volume turned up loud enough!

It would help if you could set up your rig somewhere you can experiment with the speaker and mic set up!

A floor monitor may help, but if you haven't got your mics set up right, you will still get feedback.

Cheers

Sarah
    We are using wired mics, and the karaoke player as the mics controller on them (sunfly karaoke player) and got a 2 channel mixer

What mics are you using?

it sounds like the gain is too high on the mic output--- also as solitaire advises, make sure you have decent mics,you dont need to spend a lot-- behringer do a 3 pack for about £30 and they are great for the job -- also i dont know why but i always find xlr leads are better than jacks!!! dont know why but they always seem to be better if your mixer allows this

Hi,

I used to suffer from feedback issues and after some great advice on here I have it sorted.

I went out and purchased two good Shure SM58 mics with XLR Balanced leads. One of these I plug straight into my mixer, and in the other mic input I use a pair of KAM 1940 wireless. Don't use 1/4" unblanced jacks - a nightmare!!

If I need to I can use the other SM58 mic by using a DI box, which incidently you can change the gain into your mixer and also you can lift the earth which helps remove that dreaded ring.

One tip I also took from here is to sightly face the speakers at an angle out. And another good tip, which at the time felt strange, but worked for me was to unplug headphones if you are using any.

With this combination I can provide 4 mics, which is enough for most events. and I always have a quiet word in the "singers" ear and ask politely if they can stand back away from the speakers which helps too.

Good Luck
    -------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------
    www.vip-disco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mark karaoke View Post
    as solitaire advises, make sure you have decent mics,you dont need to spend a lot-- behringer do a 3 pack for about £30

I don't think £10 mics was quite what Darren meant.

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post

I don't think £10 mics was quite what Darren meant.
    Not quite...