Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New site.... what do you think.

Default New site.... what do you think.

New site up and running, thanks to Mrac J (I owe him a few of these if we meet...and some cash when the invoice comes through)

Also got to thank Danno and James H for allowing their site to be the inspiration for some content (if the wording is still a bit too similar guys give me a dig and ill sort it as best as I can )

Anyway...thoughts please www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Looks pretty good to me, Steve.

I only noticed a couple of things I'd change, although that's just down to my personal preference rather than them being mistakes.

At the top tight of each page, I'd change the spacing of your phone number from 0800 9903030 to 0800 990 3030, as I think it's easier to get right when writing it down or dialling.

Secondly, I'd simplify the enquiry form on your contact page.

That's all I can think of for now.

Good job!

Loving it! Looks very clean and fresh, and extremely refreshing to see a website that isn't using a dark background. Very nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    At the top tight of each page, I'd change the spacing of your phone number from 0800 9903030 to 0800 990 3030, as I think it's easier to get right when writing it down or dialling.
    never noticed that Rob. If its not too much work then ill get it changed. If its gonna be a little bit of a pain for Marc...ill leave it

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Secondly, I'd simplify the enquiry form on your contact page.

That's all I can think of for now.

Good job!

I did consider a simpler form, just with name, Tel No, and message (as like the old page) but i got so sick of having to reply to messages saying "How much for a disco in workington" and no other info for me to quote accurately that i figure what the hell. If they seriously want a quote, they can give me a bit of info

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    Loving it! Looks very clean and fresh, and extremely refreshing to see a website that isn't using a dark background. Very nice job.
    Yep...Marc's done a top notch job IMO

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Looking really good.

How much did Marc charge you for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    never noticed that Rob. If its not too much work then ill get it changed. If its gonna be a little bit of a pain for Marc...ill leave it
    Marc's very accomodating. That's one of the best things about having Marc on board, nothings ever too much trouble!

Best of luck with your new site.

I just thought it was a bit strange - especially as on the home page, the second line of text has the phone number spaced as 0800 990 3030, but on the top of all the pages it's shown as 0800 9903030.

I just think it makes more sense to stick with the same spacing throughout the site...rather than a combination of two different spacings.

I did consider a simpler form, just with name, Tel No, and message (as like the old page) but i got so sick of having to reply to messages saying "How much for a disco in workington" and no other info for me to quote accurately that i figure what the hell. If they seriously want a quote, they can give me a bit of info
    That's fair enough then.

Its not difficult, he simply needs to press the space bar a few times to space out the number. In fact, you can easily do it too you know - right click the page and view source, this will bring up the whole HTML and you simply have to find the part where your 0800 number is and press your space bar until you are happy with the positioning of the number. Save the folder and be sure to title the new folder/HTML coding to the 1 that he uploaded to your FTP and then go ahead and upload the file.

The site is looking okay, I like it but I think it's lacking in photos a little. Yes, I know you have a gallery but I think the index page and other pages could do with a few more pictures on to add more sparkle.

Neil M.

Quote Originally Posted by djsteve10 View Post
    Looking really good.

How much did Marc charge you for this?
    To be honest......i havent a clue - Just waiting for an invoice

To be honest......i havent a clue - Just waiting for an invoice
    He should of advised you on the outlay involved before he went to work on it. That's how it's normally done. If he does the work before he quotes you and after him doing the work, he may say to you "Ok then, thank you very much, it will cost you x amount of pounds". You might think his fee is too much and put you off so this is why he should've quoted you prior to him producing your website.

Neil M.....