Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Daslight & Netbook ??

Default Daslight & Netbook ??

Anyone got any experience of running Daslight software and interface on a netbook. Just bought a Daslight Gold 512 and don't really want to carry around the 16" laptop from the house, so have been looking at Netbooks which mostly run the Intel Atom processor and have 1GB ram and 160GB hard drives, but I have no idea how well this would perform.

Have tried an older laptop and although the software runs ok it doesnt operate the interface very well which I think may be down to the fact that it is only got an USB1 sockets which don't operate fast enough.

Alan
    SoundWave Entertainment

I've run my Daslight Gold on my Samsung NC10 netbook on a number of occasions and it's been fine. The only downside is the size of the screen - it's not ideal really as the bigger the screen the better.

I generally prefer running daslight on my OODj as the touch screen does make a difference and allows you to chance scenes and options quickly and easlily.
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

James

The NC10 was what I was considering as it gets great reviews, having no experience of them how do netbooks deal with the screen size, is everything just smaller or do you end up scrolling around the screen. I am thinking about how it would display daslight in Live mode.

Alan

SoundWave Entertainment

I use the touchscreen Atom-based Acer eeeTop and it works perfectly.

XP, 1GB RAM.

Even runs OTS in the background as standby. No keyboard or mouse makes for a tidy solution - fits in an old turntable flightcase I had kicking around.

Netbooks won't have good enough graphics card for the 3D Visualization, i found this out the hard way!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlin93 View Post
    Netbooks won't have good enough graphics card for the 3D Visualization, i found this out the hard way!
    Erm, I think the term "netbook" is a little more wide-ranging than the specific model you must have bought, because my eeeTop is essentially a netbook spec and runs it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    I use the touchscreen Atom-based Acer eeeTop and it works perfectly.

XP, 1GB RAM.

Even runs OTS in the background as standby. No keyboard or mouse makes for a tidy solution - fits in an old turntable flightcase I had kicking around.