Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backup (active) speakers

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    I have a 3rd SRM450 for backup. This might be for sale
    How much for?

It has a padded bag and is not gigged. I would be looking for about 300 ono.

After checking ebay completed items £275 with the padded bag would be more realistic. I am open to sensible offers via PM.

Once I receive my new speakers I will drop this on a seperate thread. This speaker wil lbe available from about 16th September as I am away. Collection only I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    As mentioned, why not get a third SRM 450?
    Bang on Track - That is exactly My thought for general backup circumstanes. Carrying 3 X Active Speakers is easier than carrying a whole seperate system.

In the Unlikely event that both speakers went, you could always get in touch with a local DJ or a friend etc to bring a replacement system over.

But at least you'd have sound whilst they were arriving.

For an extra system for ceremonys or an extra room etc, it depends how you want the music to be. If it has a dancefloor, then you'd want 12s, but if it's just so they can hear announcements etc - then 8" would do fine.

The Yamaha Stagepass system is common for such applications.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post

For an extra system for ceremonys or an extra room etc, it depends how you want the music to be. If it has a dancefloor, then you'd want 12s, but if it's just so they can hear announcements etc - then 8" would do fine.
    I have a Fender Passport that I use for voice work in separate rooms or locations. Its nice that a complete system can be carried with one hand.
    Larry Basham

Can you play something with a beat ?

the 10 inch Db opera speakers are very ligth and compact for a 10" they are pretty well priced. But in general a spare mackie is probably the obvious backup but haveing a whole pair mnean you could have pa in muliple rooms or ouside in the summer.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightLights View Post
    I did notice you said you've got the PSR8s though (see, I was paying attention!) Any good?
    I've got a set of these and while the size/weight is attractive, they're Ok for very small PA/Quiz work, for monitors, or for use at home, but nothing else. The 150w RMS rated power is deceiving - you might get this out of the amp, but the sound will distort completely long before you see a clip light.

I demo'd a pair of Cerwin Vega CVA28's on Tuesday and they're twin 8" drivers with a true 400w RMS rated output and a very nice sound too. Unfortunately the guy in the shop refused (point blank) to run them full range without the 15", 700w sub so I have no idea how they'd sound by themselves. They're £760 a pair, but you could easily run them by themselves (as Adam does I believe?)

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by dh140770 View Post
    I have a 3rd SRM450 for backup. This might be for sale as I am considering buying a set of W-Audio PSR15A to use stand-alone for some gigs
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    How much for?
    Never mind the Mackie, if Steve says his Class D's are too big, then I know which model they are, and I'll give him £20 for them.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Never mind the Mackie, if Steve says his Class D's are too big, then I know which model they are, and I'll give him £20 for them.
    I'll take a £20 deposit on them, sure
    Bright Lights Entertainment
    www.brightlightsentertainment.co.uk

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I haven't really decided what to do but it does sound like an extra Mackie would be the most sensible choice for backup purposes. I'd still like a relatively small second PA for background music, speeches, etc but maybe I need to deal with that separately.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Bright Lights Entertainment
    www.brightlightsentertainment.co.uk