Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: A business plan.

Default A business plan.

Did anyone put one together when they started doing discos or did it just happen?

I know I didn't do one but did work out costs/outlay and repairs so it was sort of a plan but not ver good.

..and how did it compare with what plan you made if any?

The reason why am asking is I'm trying to start something different but with a lot more outlay and in a different direction....so any advise would be helpful.

Thanks.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

I had to write a business plan when I started as I needed a bank loan to purchase the major items.

Did an overview of my objectives, a background of my experience, some stats about my local market, ideas for where I'd like the business to be in 1, 2 and 5 years, (as you say) overview of what spending I'd need to do on what (ie £300 advertising, £1000 PA, blah blah), referrals and agreements for potential future gigs.

Think I did overkill tho as the business manager said he'd never seen such a thorough plan!

In my area there is a Small Business Enterprise organisation that do free business consultation for your set up and 1st year, with seminars on starting up, writing business plans, marketing etc etc.... worth a look if only as a a refresher.

Thanks for that.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

ppentertainments

Done a business plan - did not stick to it though

TBH the reasons for not sticking to the plans was because not enough research was done beforehand. Also with the ever changing equipment (lights, controllers) etc I found it hard to stick to.

I redone a business plan in January to start in April, now I have researched, and have stuck to it (loosely). Financially I have improved and have stopped wasting so much money.