Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Website Design

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Hi hope ive done this correctly and not done anything againest forum rules

ive been planning on updateing my website and design anothr my insperation for doing this was i wanted a more professional look to it, here is the start of it so please feel free to mention anything that you feel i could improve on

P.S. I do all my own website design etc so no hard feeling if you think it looks crap etc lol, butplease remember its only a start ive made so there still abit to be added etc

Thanks again Dave

Here is the link: www.djpdiscos.com
    Hi Booche,

It seems the Mods are slacking, as I've no idea why this thread is in the gallery section & hasn't been moved yet.

Anyway, my main advice would be to check your text and correct the grammatical errors. I counted 14 on the home page alone!

I'm also not keen on the green background. Why not remove it & just have black, which will give the night time feel that links in with mobile discos?

Hope this helps.

Thread now moved

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Thread now moved

Thanks Rob
    As for spelling mistakes i ran all this threw microsoft word lol, unless u mean my grammer on sentences etc ( which i know can be bad ) when u say remove it do u mean just have the text etc on a plain black background ? as i feel this will look abit plain ( sorry ) ive got alot more design themes etc to use if it does look tht bad but so far ive had positive comments about it from friends family and people i know around the designing areas but like i say i am open to comments and suggestions, i will see what i can do and hopefully come up with something abit better ( i realise im not going to be able to cover everyones taste's etc )

Also sorry about posting in the wrong section

Thanks Rob
    My pleasure.

As for spelling mistakes i ran all this threw microsoft word lol, unless u mean my grammer on sentences etc ( which i know can be bad )
    I'll show you what I mean:

Welcome to

We are a new Mobile Disco company that started just over 2years ago, but with that in mind our Resident Dj's are far from new, We have over 15years experiance within the music/entertainment industry and consider ourselves more then capable of covering every need required, from the Swinging 60's right upto the modern day Chart music, aswell as including kids music for that special little persons occasion. We strive to be one of the best Mobile Discos around updateing all our equipment with the very latest L.E.D lights and music available,

The alterations are highlighted in red:

Welcome to DJP Discos

We are a new mobile disco company that started just over 2 years ago, but with that in mind our resident DJs are far from new. We have over 15 years experience within the music/entertainment industry and consider ourselves more then capable of covering every requirement, from the swinging 60's right up to the modern day chart music, as well as (remove the word "including") kids music for that special little persons occasion. We strive to be one of the best mobile discos around updating all our equipment with the very latest L.E.D lights and music available.

when u say remove it do u mean just have the text etc on a plain black background ?
    Yes, that's what I mean.

I know it will look a bit plain, but I still think it will be an improvement on the current green background.

Thankyou very much Rob i shall update that section aswell as look at the rest of my site, i shall also look at making it into a plain balck but i dont have much hope for it to be honest lol, again ive got loads of designs which i could try out i just went for this as it remided me of a MOS look with the images below and above the title.

Hope to have a update soon ( which will look better ) lol

P.S. is it better to post screen shots of designsin here instead of uploading new designs to my server all the time ?

Oh, it would definitely put me off if the entertainer said that everything gets recorded - I'd highly recommend you take that text off your website in all fairness.

Your new site does look nice, it looks basic and easy enough to navigate. Maybe add a couple of nice pictures of your rig to show people how good your rig looks? The size of the text really needs to change. In my honest opinion, the text is way too big and needs reducing down to size 12 or maybe a size 10. I think the majority of websites use a font size of either 10 or 12.

Take care,

Neil M.

ive tried 10 and 12 on the font size and its sooo small lolat the minute its size 22 which i feel is abit big but looking at the style of the font if i go to much below that size id have to change the font, Hmmm maybe another i should look at then ???

On your information page:

All of our venues/partys can be digitally recorded so that if you require a FREE DVD of the party then you can do so, just ask the Dj on the start of the night who will then take some simple details as to who the dvd is for and to were (if sending) to post it to. We also use a large screen which goes upto 120" so you can see who dances like your gran or does the hokey cokey like your dad.
    Its also really good to use at childrens partys as theres nothing more kids like then seeing them-selves and there friends on a big screen live.
    We are located in Amber Valley and cover a variety of towns including Riddings, Alfreton, Somercotes, Ripley and Chesterfield but we can aslo cover alot of wider towns and surrounding areas on request.
    Our company carry's a £1million PLI (Public Liability Insurance) policy so you can feel safe whilst having your party/disco and have no need to worry about anything going wrong.
    Also all of our equiptment is up to the latest PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) Regulations.
    Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, queries or comments,
    For more details & to book your disco, Please contact us to see how we can provide you with a night to remember.

Should be:

All of our venues/parties can be digitally recorded so that if you require a FREE DVD of the party then you can do so, just ask the DJ at the start of the night who will take the information needed to send your DVD to the address of your choice.

We also use a large screen which goes upto 120" (where permitted) so you can see who dances like your gran or does the Hokey Cokey like your dad.

It's also really good to use at childrens parties as there is nothing more kids like than seeing themselves and their friends on a big screen. Removed: live.

We are located in Amber Valley and cover a variety of towns including Riddings, Alfreton, Somercotes, Ripley and Chesterfield but we can also cover other towns and surrounding areas on request.

Our company carries a £1 million PLI (Public Liability Insurance) policy so you can feel safe whilst having your party/disco and have no need to worry about anything going wrong.

Also all of our equiptment is up to the latest PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) Regulations.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, queries or comments,
    For more details & to book your disco, please contact us to see how we can provide you with a night to remember.

---------------

If you are putting the text through Word then I would suggest looking at the language of the dictionary because, as you can see above, there are quite a few spelling and grammar mistakes.
    Steve

I personally don't like the colour scheme at all, and as mentioned, a good amount of it needs to be re-written.

I also don't believe you can legally record an event in which you are playing back copyrighted material.