Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Website Design

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    I also don't believe you can legally record an event in which you are playing back copyrighted material.
    You can, if you purchase one of these:
    http://www.prsformusic.com/users/mus.../Pages/LM.aspx

When I record wedding parties etc. (chargeable extra by the way ) I always supply an LM for the appropriate number of DVDs created. It's not like it's an expensive deal and you can apply online and print the certificate in 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Thanks Rob
    As for spelling mistakes i ran all this threw microsoft word lol, unless u mean my grammer on sentences etc ( which i know can be bad ) when u say remove it do u mean just have the text etc on a plain black background ? as i feel this will look abit plain ( sorry ) ive got alot more design themes etc to use if it does look tht bad but so far ive had positive comments about it from friends family and people i know around the designing areas but like i say i am open to comments and suggestions, i will see what i can do and hopefully come up with something abit better ( i realise im not going to be able to cover everyones taste's etc )

Also sorry about posting in the wrong section
    Please do not use text on this forum. The word is you not u. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Please do not use text on this forum. The word is you not u. Thanks.
    Sorry about that im used to using freehand when typing

Will start to use the full word's etcagain sorry for my mistake

Thanks to all that has advised etc i shall redo the whole site as alot of members here are stating the same issue and thats the green etc

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    You can, if you purchase one of these:
    http://www.prsformusic.com/users/mus.../Pages/LM.aspx

When I record wedding parties etc. (chargeable extra by the way ) I always supply an LM for the appropriate number of DVDs created. It's not like it's an expensive deal and you can apply online and print the certificate in 2 minutes.
    That looks as though it's for your own use, as in recording your wedding - does it allow you to pass your recording to someone else (who obviously has no licence), and even sell it to them?

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    That looks as though it's for your own use, as in recording your wedding - does it allow you to pass your recording to someone else (who obviously has no licence), and even sell it to them?
    Yep. Section 2, Item 6 here:
    http://www.prsformusic.com/users/mus...ce%20Guide.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    P.S. is it better to post screen shots of designs in here instead of uploading new designs to my server all the time ?
    I think so.

That way, you can get opinions & make the subsequent decisions BEFORE changing the actual website.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Interesting! My initial thoughts were that it would allow someone to exploit the resale of CDs and DVDs somehow, but at £8 a DVD, that's unlikely

Regarding your site:
    My feedback, please don’t be offended, it’s my opinion and I hope some of it you find useful.
    The scheme would suit a funeral service but not a disco – As others have mentioned, you need to make it more disco-ey if you know what I mean. Black background is a good start, make it feel lively.
    Your choice of font also follows the same funeral service theme.
    I’d restart but before you get going think “Fun, Music, Night Club, Disco, Happy, Lasers, Lights Dancing” then see how it goes.
    On a more technical level, don’t publish pages with no content, or publish links or buttons to blank pages. It looks unprofessional, currently you have a Blank page for your Gallery, FAQ and Links pages.
    Don’t advertise your site till you are happy, first impressions last a long time!
    If you need any tips feel free to PM me.

Nutter

Have uploaded my old design for now lol

Will update with a complete new design, also will add screen shots in here before fully uploading it

Thanks Again Dave

Thanks For all the replies etc i have uploaded my old design back up for now until i design anew one which i will be happy about when i get positive comments i do respect all the comments i recieved and the help also, im thinking of keeping the same type of layout (no idea if thats a good idea or not) but prob diff colors and style...

Thanks again Dave

P.S. Please dont leave comments about the site ive got up atm as i made this site in less then 1hr lol so there will be a few grammer mistakes also a few things which people have mentioned before....