Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmm......Website Changes

Default Hmmmm......Website Changes

Hi All,

Over the past week or so, I have been updating/re-wording my website.

Could you guys take a look and tell me if there is anything you think I should add, remove, re-style or re-word please.

I am not 100% happy with my 'Contact Us' page, so any ideas you may have for tidying this up, would be much appreciated. Also, can any of you think of a better way of re-wording the 'DJ Mark Award' text?

The address is: www.sjsdiscos.co.uk

Cheers,

Scott.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Hiya Scott,

If I was you, I'd replace the equipment page with a terms & conditions page, because the only people interested in the equipment you use will generally be other DJs, whereas most potential clients will need to know your terms & conditions, as these may help them decide whether they want to book you.

I'm also wondering whether I'd lose the our events page as this might be counter-productive. For example, someone could look at the details, see that you only did 2 bookings in the whole of June, which is in the middle of the summer & this might make them think you're not too popular & put them off. It's just a thought.

The photos on the gallery page are great, but I'd reduce the number from 51 to about 25, which is still plenty for people to get an idea of what you do.

I agree your contact page could be improved, as it's a bit messy & long winded. Why not replace it with something a bit more to the point like I have: http://www.robjamesentertainment.co.uk/contact.htm with your address, phone numbers, email link & contact form.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    If I was you, I'd replace the equipment page with a terms & conditions page.
    I replaced my Terms and Conditions page with the Gallery because when I did a Google search, the T's & C's page was coming up near the top. Also, when I send the booking forms, I include the T's & C's and the client has to sign them.

I'm also wondering whether I'd lose the our events page as this might be counter-productive. For example, someone could look at the details, see that you only did 2 bookings in the whole of June, which is in the middle of the summer & this might make them think you're not too popular & put them off. It's just a thought.
    Hmmm.....I'll have a think about that one.....

The photos on the gallery page are great, but I'd reduce the number from 51 to about 25, which is still plenty for people to get an idea of what you do.
    Will do, just need to find 5 minutes to be able to sift through them.

I agree your contact page could be improved, as it's a bit messy & long winded. Why not replace it with something a bit more to the point like I have: http://www.robjamesentertainment.co.uk/contact.htm with your address, phone numbers, email link & contact form.
    Thanks for the link, I will see what I can do.

Cheers Rob!
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    I replaced my Terms and Conditions page with the Gallery because when I did a Google search, the T's & C's page was coming up near the top. Also, when I send the booking forms, I include the T's & C's and the client has to sign them.
    That'll be because Google likes wordy pages

Stick the following in your <HEAD> section and this will tell Google & co not to index the page content, but still follow any embedded links to other pages:

<meta name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX, FOLLOW">

Also, I'd lose the 'Our Events' page - who cares?

'Our Equipment' can be kept IMHO but needs rethinking. Take a look at my equipment pages - you'll see I've written them from a layman's point of view, but still have the 'Geek Corner' bit at the bottom for those very few occasional punters who are interested in the technicalities.

You might want to rethink your wording re: ProDub. It is not "a legal requirement for DJs who are using MP3s as their music source" although the second part of the paragraph is accurate.

On the FAQs page I'd personally reverse the smoke machine question - ie. make it a free optional extra rather than an opt-out.
    Last edited by Vectis; 23-09-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    That'll be because Google likes wordy pages

Stick the following in your <HEAD> section and this will tell Google & co not to index the page content, but still follow any embedded links to other pages:

<meta name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX, FOLLOW">
    I don't think it's that easy, as the whole thing is Flash (looks like one of those Moonfruit type deals) with some (not very pretty) non-flash content.

Just another reason not to, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    I don't think it's that easy, as the whole thing is Flash (looks like one of those Moonfruit type deals) with some (not very pretty) non-flash content.

Didn't look that closely (obviously!)

...... Actually it's Webeden - www.webeden.co.uk
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

...... Actually it's Webeden - www.webeden.co.uk
    I think you'll find they both use the same software - SiteMaker

I think you'll find they both use the same software - SiteMaker
    Fair point!

I would change to a HTML based site, but I've already made 3 sites and I really don't want to have to build a site from scratch again.

Plus, I want the site, so I can log-in whenever I want to update/change things.
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Plus, I want the site, so I can log-in whenever I want to update/change things.
    Use a Content Management System (CMS) - Joomla, CMSMS, ModX etc. etc.. the list is endless but those three are (imho) worth looking at, if you want to go down that route...