Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Fayre Today - Was it worth it?

Default Wedding Fayre Today - Was it worth it?

YES YES YES!

Started at 11am and had 5 confirmed bookings by 12pm. Finished at 4pm and by that time I had 13 confirmed bookings, all booking fees paid with 2 enquiries that are going to get back to me.

I set up the Denon HD2500 with 2 x DB Tech' Active Speakers and 2 x LEDJ Colourbursts. I had the laptop connected to my flat screen TV showing a promotional video I had made and also had brochures, pens, cards and postcards on the table too.

It really worked for me and I am glad I did it (even after only 4 hours kip last night).

That's 13 bookings that the DJ's that could'nt be bothered to turn up didn't get and I did. By the way, only 3 of these are at the hotel and are priced more than the hotel pays so all in all....a great day!

Fancy a beer now but I am struggling to stay awake.

Good work. Good investment. Well done.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Wow, that's a really good result you have there, well done.
    Have many others had similar results?

Well done mate!
    JDB Events - Making your event Buzz!
    www.jdb-events.co.uk
    www.hirepartydancefloors.co.uk

Great going Gary, but that does suggest to me that you need to put your prices up a little.

Darren, thanks for the feedback mate but...Every single booking I got confirmed today was priced at my rates and not the hotels. As I mentioned previously, the hotel pays £250.00 per gig. The bookings I got today privately but are being held at the hotel were priced at £350.00 which I am happy with. Most of the other confirmed bookings are between £350.00 and £500.00 (if they are having Uplighting etc). I'm happy with that too. The good thing was that I managed to get the latter part of the year filled up and now have 19 weddings for next year already. There are 2 weeks at the end of September and beginning of October where I am out on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday both weeks. Overall, well happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Great going Gary, but that does suggest to me that you need to put your prices up a little.
    There's a reply to that, but since I'm not in possession of all the facts, I can't make it.

I'd like to put my prices up, but I don't know exactly how they compare to others in the locality. I wonder how I could find out?

Oops, I appear to have started a coughing fit, I've just nudged the monitor, and I've got dust in my eyes, so I'll have to go off and think about that a bit more.

Well done Gary, so glad it was worth it for you.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I know what Darren means though that so many people are happy to pay that suggests they think they are getting a bargin and Im sure thats the case however the lad derserves a pat on that back nice one Gary.

Did you take a picture of the way you set up by any chance?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    I know what Darren means though that so many people are happy to pay that suggests they think they are getting a bargin
    Yep, that is what I meant, but I didn't want to take anything away from Gary. Well done mate!

What a cracking result !

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    That's unfair comment as the bookings could have come from all kinds of different factors that he nailed on the day, like presentation, sales pitch, rapport with potential clients, location etc etc. Price may not have been an issue to any of the clients for all you know.