Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Fayre Today - Was it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    What a cracking result !

That's unfair comment as the bookings could have come from all kinds of different factors that he nailed on the day, like presentation, sales pitch, rapport with potential clients, location etc etc. Price may not have been an issue to any of the clients for all you know.
    It's not an unfair comment at all. I have done a lot of wedding fayres and know the local market - Gary is only about 25 miles from me.

I am saying that I think that he could have priced them up a bit. And yes, I do know what he charges, so no, I don't think it's an unfair comment.

Don't let's turn this into something it's not. If someone is taking that many bookings at a wedding fayre, then yes it is good going, but in my opinion the price could have been too low.

Thanks Bells'...I DO understand what Darren and Decks are saying but I'm agreeing with your reply.
    On one occasion only today, someone said "Is that all?" when I quoted them the price of £350.00. It's the price that I wanted and I got it. Considering around 2 years ago I was charging £250.00, doing exactly what I am doing now...well, I'm happy.

...and I know what you mean Darren and Decks...Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    It's not an unfair comment at all. I have done a lot of wedding fayres and know the local market - Gary is only about 25 miles from me.

I am saying that I think that he could have priced them up a bit. And yes, I do know what he charges, so no, I don't think it's an unfair comment.

Don't let's turn this into something it's not. If someone is taking that many bookings at a wedding fayre, then yes it is good going, but in my opinion the price could have been too low.
    Yeah definitely could have been a factor, along with many others.

Job well done, Gary.

Out of interest Gary, did you take details from all of these clients? How on earth did you fit them all in - paperwork etc. I really struggled at the last fayre that I did and there was 3 of us there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    Yeah definitely could have been a factor, along with many others.
    I don't think you understand what I am getting at. If you have a very very high conversion rate, then generally your price is too low. I am all for people earning more money in this industry.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
    Thanks Bells'...I DO understand what Darren and Decks are saying but I'm agreeing with your reply.
    On one occasion only today, someone said "Is that all?" when I quoted them the price of £350.00. It's the price that I wanted and I got it. Considering around 2 years ago I was charging £250.00, doing exactly what I am doing now...well, I'm happy.

...and I know what you mean Darren and Decks...Thanks for the comments.
    Mine say "How much? " when I say £60.

Out of interest Gary, did you take details from all of these clients? How on earth did you fit them all in - paperwork etc. I really struggled at the last fayre that I did and there was 3 of us there!
    No Darren, there were 3 of you. And even then, it's not good practice to mix numbers and letters in this way.

I don't think you understand what I am getting at. If you have a very very high conversion rate, then generally your price is too low. I am all for people earning more money in this industry.
    So am I. Sadly, my punters aren't.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

How do you confirm bookings at the fair? I have always thought that was a bit pushy. do the people pay the booking fee on the spot or go home and do it?

Doing one next week and have not done any for a couple of years so very interested?
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Well done Gary.

Wish my last wedding fare was as well populated with possible clients
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Darren, to answer your question (sorry, I'm inbetween watching the TV and doing this)... I coped ok. At one point I had a queue believe it or not but people took my literature and went off browsing and then came back when they saw I was free.

I had blank booking forms with me and took down the basic details. They paid by cheque and I told them that they would get confirmation emails from me plus proper booking forms in the next few days.

YourDJ - I was far from being or appearing to be 'pushy'. That's one of my pet hates. I stood behind my stand and not infront of it trying to get people over to me. If people browsed and picked up a leaflet then I would start talking to them. I started off with "Firstly, congratulations...when is the date?" and then I asked if they had thought about the entertainment and whether they were looking for a live band or DJ. If people looked interested then I took it further. I have to say....Every single person I spoke to either confirmed and booked or said they would get back to me. Some people just walked past and looked but that was all.

At the end of the day, I said to myself this morning that if I got just 1 booking I would be happy and it would have been worth it. Personally I don't think £350.00 was too cheap or underselling myself. I am a small operator and a standard Disco for that price and at a venue local to me, is fine.