Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wedding Fayre Today - Was it worth it?

Darren, I told each couple as much as I could and took down their full details (contact details, number(s), address, date of wedding and chosen venue). I put them all on the blank booking forms and said that they would get a confirmation email today (which I am going to start doing in a mo'). Once I get everything else I need then I can send them proper booking forms.

Congratulations buddy - you should be very proud of yourself: like something from GlenGarry Glen Ross! - "ABC - Always Be Closing!"

I had a fayre yesterday but didn't close even ONE. Lots of interest however from couples getting married at the venue: hoping to negotiate co-op vocal-shows with the resident DJ team and pass savings on to clients... a bit hard TO close when you don' have a final price, but hopefully the promise of discounts will keep couples hooked until the price is firmed up.

Another show next week - am going to try to close some more, inspired by Shakermaker's success!

Just curious: am I correct in saying that you have taken booking fees without having a signed contract?

(Just worried about the legal position here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    Just curious: am I correct in saying that you have taken booking fees without having a signed contract?
    If he did accept booking fees, would it be ilegal, or does it depend how it was paid (eg cash, cheque, credit card) ?

No - nothing to do with it being illegal.

They all signed the booking forms so that I had a record and proof that they had paid. I only took cheques and have not banked them yet and will not bank them until the 'proper' forms are returned.