Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Numark DDS80 - Discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellshill View Post
    I watched a brand new NUMARK HDCD1 go for £258 on ebay, thought that was quite a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    It is if you like Numark!
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    It is if you like Numark!
    Which lots of us do!

As a side - has anyone ever tried preparing their music library for use on more than one type of HDC? I've just been reading the manuals and:

Cortex Recommend storing your files no more than one folder deep (otherwise issues can, and from experience, will, occur during playout). They also recommend not taking any more than 5000 tracks out at a time.

Numark Recommend storing no more than 100 files or folders in any given folder so music should be broken up into folders with categories (Genre, Artist, etc) and then numbered subfolders and numbered sub-subfolders if required.

Pioneer (MEP 7000) recommend storing files in folders no more than 8 folders deep (as files in folders deeper than this will not be seen), but don't seem to impose any other restrictions for USB HDD's. For USB Pen sticks or CD's/DVD's they impose a limit of 2000 tracks (after which the tracks just won't be visible).

The above all make it pretty hard to store your files in a way which will satisfy two devices (unless one of them is a Pioneer).

Does anyone know what kind of restrictions Denon place on your storage arrangements for the HD2500?

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    You don't see them around very often!

Julian
    I've got a new one for sale, never used it only tested it at home works well £250 if anyone is interested.

As a side - has anyone ever tried preparing their music library for use on more than one type of HDC? I've just been reading the manuals and:

Cortex Recommend storing your files no more than one folder deep (otherwise issues can, and from experience, will, occur during playout). They also recommend not taking any more than 5000 tracks out at a time.
    I think you're getting confused here. That's Produb. And it's 4,999, otherwise it costs extra.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Which lots of us do!

No accounting for taste then...
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Good to know...
    I need to get my hands on one of each to have a play
    BPM this weekend - www.visitbpm.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDB Entertainment View Post
    I am sure you can buy the extra 2 CD Drawers.

Adam have they reduced these aswell?

James
    Not sure mate, it's not on their current price list, so guess it's gone.

---
    ---
    The above all make it pretty hard to store your files in a way which will satisfy two devices (unless one of them is a Pioneer).

Does anyone know what kind of restrictions Denon place on your storage arrangements for the HD2500?

Julian
    I use a full 16gb USB stick to demo all the USB media players at work (which I do on a daily basis), and it works fine in all of them - Denon, Numark, Cortex, Citronic, American DJ and Pioneer.

Only go about 2 folders deep maximum.
    Adam F
    07736 834 750
    My opinions expressed here, are MY opinions, and NOT of any company I may represent, liase or work with or for.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    BPM this weekend
    I wish - I've been banned by the wife. Apparently I "might buy something". Better believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_F View Post
    I use a full 16gb USB stick to demo all the USB media players at work (which I do on a daily basis), and it works fine in all of them - Denon, Numark, Cortex, Citronic, American DJ and Pioneer.
    Thanks Adam, that's interesting to hear... From experience if you go more than one folder deep on the Cortex it'll run for a while, but will eventually get itself in a tizz and randomly crash (i.e. you're unlikely to see the effects while you're demoing for short periods, but over a 4-5hr gig it's likely to go).

Julian

I never had a problem with the folder structure on the cortex or the numark. Mind you both are in the ntfs format which is much stabler than the fat32 structure when handling lots of files.
    I did later break my folders up with sub folders so all of artists begining with a in one etc. This seems to also work well although I do use faster end external drives to cut down on latency and I keep them defragged every week.

If it is being discontinued it would be a big shame it is a very good piece of kit. I have both the D2 and the DDS80 and other than the occasional naming problem (my fault not the units i might add) they have been stable and have never crashed since I had them. I bought my D2 in the States before the UK launch so had the advantage of getting to play with it much earlier and being one of the oldest d2's in the country its still working great.
    Mind you the numark keyboard bit the dust after 6 months but replaced it with a rather snazzy backlit keyboard I like more anyway
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.

I wish - I've been banned by the wife. Apparently I "might buy something". Better believe it
    You don't even have to go in to buy stuff! The Car Park usually has an MDD jumble sale going on. Del Boy's usually involved.

Thanks Adam, that's interesting to hear... From experience if you go more than one folder deep on the Cortex it'll run for a while, but will eventually get itself in a tizz and randomly crash (i.e. you're unlikely to see the effects while you're demoing for short periods, but over a 4-5hr gig it's likely to go).

Julian
    If I understood any of that, I'd comment. I just tell the mp3's to go to the HD, and they find their own little corners. Seems to work for me, but I'd do it differently, if I was doing it now. Still might.

Quote Originally Posted by spin mobile disco View Post
    I never had a problem with the folder structure on the cortex or the numark. Mind you both are in the ntfs format which is much stabler than the fat32 structure when handling lots of files.
    I did later break my folders up with sub folders so all of artists begining with a in one etc. This seems to also work well although I do use faster end external drives to cut down on latency and I keep them defragged every week.
    So are mine, and I agree with that ( though I'm a PC numpty) but Cortex recommend FAT32. Each system has pros and cons. You pays your money......................................
    Last edited by Excalibur; 30-09-2009 at 07:27 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk