Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Karaoke Slips

Quote Originally Posted by SJS Discos View Post
    Steve, you have Mail

You might have to wait for the offers that will get sent in a few hours, as it has just gone 12:00am and that's when the offers "are supposed to" expire.
    Cheers
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

i think there are a few floors here

1. what happens when your in a venue that can not get mobile signals through the building there are a few or your out in the middle of knowhere

2. How do you make money from a txt don't get that isn't it the mobile company who make the money
    Digitalsounds Mobile Discos & Karaoke

You've Seen The Rest Now Book The Best !

www.digitalsounds.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalsounds View Post
    1. what happens when your in a venue that can not get mobile signals through the building there are a few or your out in the middle of *knowhere* (Spelling)
    The system won't be able to receive SMS Messages then, as it is generated by standard mobile networks. It is the software itself that is the clever bit

2. How do you make money from a txt don't get that isn't it the mobile company who make the money
    All information can be found on the Company's Website, the address is linked in my previous post on it.

If you're a business you can get mobile numbers set up which charge customers at different rates for sending text's to them (as Max says). However, the set up and maintenance charges for these numbers (which as Max says, doin't have to be 5 digit short codes) are usually designed to deter small fry and conmen (i.e. the set up costs are normally substantial). You then take a cut of that additional charge (but so does the mobile network operator - for example, you don't get 15p for every 25p text sent, you might get 7p or similar).

Anyone on a free txt (or 600txt/month) package will still be charged for any message which is charged at above the standard rate (even 25p) as if you read the small print on any standard mobile contract you'll find that it's only standard rate text messages which are included.

I also don't think it's good practice to charge your customers for their requests (especially if you don't make it clear in advance that your customers will be charged).

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    So, is that A4 (A4 split into 1/2) leaflet what you give Each Guest or table Vectis, or does the client just get one? How does it work?
    A6 is A4 halved (A5) and then halved again (A6).

Quote Originally Posted by DJMaxG View Post
    The only problem with that is the guests have to pay for text messages, something I wouldn't be comfortable with as a guest, I would rather just walk up to the booth than pay 25p. (or knowing me, I'd send one SMS just for the fun of it)

I have seen the 'Text the screen' software on sale for £400.
    Don't need any software. You can do it all in your browser. See:

http://www.textanywhere.net

I use them for sending texts and various marketing campaigns. Very good value for money. Also, once someone texts you a request, you can add their number to a contact list for future campaigns. Of course, under OFTEL (or something like that) rules, you have to offer the option for people to opt out of future communications. Failure to do so could mean big fines.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Who's talking about 25p? That's only true for custom numbers (like the 5 digit shortcodes used in competitions, etc) but I doubt any of us on here can afford one of them because the costs for running them is in the £1000's/year. I paid £20 for a mobile at Asda and stick the number onto my request slips and then guests have the option of writing stuff down and bringing it up, or if they're too lazy to leave the bar (I normally leave slips on the bar as well) they can just text me at whatever their normal mobile rate is (5-10p or free on some tarriffs?)

Julian
    Short codes are not that expensive and there are lots of advantages to the service. For example, someone who's had a few drinks in poor light might find it harder to key in a full 11-digit number but 5 numbers is much easier to get right. Also, it's great for future marketing and keeping people informed.

1. what happens when your in a venue that can not get mobile signals through the building there are a few or your out in the middle of knowhere

You choose the fee for the text and the provider takes their charge and you get the rest. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    If you're a business you can get mobile numbers set up which charge customers at different rates for sending text's to them (as Max says). However, the set up and maintenance charges for these numbers (which as Max says, doin't have to be 5 digit short codes) are usually designed to deter small fry and conmen (i.e. the set up costs are normally substantial). You then take a cut of that additional charge (but so does the mobile network operator - for example, you don't get 15p for every 25p text sent, you might get 7p or similar).

Anyone on a free txt (or 600txt/month) package will still be charged for any message which is charged at above the standard rate (even 25p) as if you read the small print on any standard mobile contract you'll find that it's only standard rate text messages which are included.

I also don't think it's good practice to charge your customers for their requests (especially if you don't make it clear in advance that your customers will be charged).

Julian
    Not necessarily. Textanywhere.net offer a short code (5 digits) campaign service for a set up fee of £29 and then £39 monthly charge. You also set the the price/percentage you want to receive from the text charges.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Without going into what I think of charging people to send text requests.....Useful for future marketing?

I would be appalled if I got 'spam' texts after making a request to a DJ (or any other service for that matter) and I would make sure that I told anybody and everybody I could about it.

IMO, adopting this service could do your reputation more harm than good.

Other people may disagree, obviously.

I see where you're coming from, Angela, but I still think that electronic marketing/information has a place in our industry. For example, Radio 1's Chris Moyles uses the short code of 81199 and it's a very popular service for people contacting the show.

When you give people the number you make it clear of the price (this could be a standard 10p text fee) and that they may receive future information from you. In the world of karaoke this is great for informing people of up and coming karaoke competitions or information about show times, venues or promotions. Or it could be used to inform people of new services or point them to your website.

I've run campaigns for wedding discos (potential clients pick up our leaflet from wedding shows and shops and can add themselves to our SMS lists) and competitions before, always by the rules, and never had anyone complain. In fact, the response has always been quite positive. I've also worked for a couple of venues that use the short code service to keep people informed of events and promotions, etc.

People have the option. If they don't want to receive future information they can either opt out or don't use the service in the first place. It's as simple as that.
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

I see what you're saying.... and so long as it's made VERY clear up front (and not in the small print stuck somewhere where people will never read it, or just announced once at the beginning of the evening whilst muffling into the microphone.... and please don't think for a minute that I'm suggesting that's what you would do, but, we all have met someone who would!) then, yes, maybe.

Although, I would prefer it if the two things were kept seperate (ie numbers not harvested for future use, but given freely - ie on an 'opt in' basis, rather than 'opt out')

However, I do have a pet hatred of junk mail, email, phone calls, and text messages! so I may not be typical

Again, I totally agree with you. This is why, when running these campaigns, we abide the Code Of Practise for the service. I don't believe in spam but the info we send is relevant and of interest to the customer and we've even been thanked by customers for keeping them up to date.

For the karaoke requests, our leaflets make it clear (I don't believe in small print so it's the same size as most of the other text on the page) that we "may send information which we believe may be of interest to you, ie details of upcoming shows and competitions" and we give the keyword of "STOP" to the same short code to opt out.

Conversely, for wedding campaigns, the service is strictly "Opt In" where people text us to receive info. They can also opt in to our email list to receive more indepth info.

At the moment, we aren't running any short code campaigns but we're launching a new service/product in early 2010 and we are considering a campaign for that.
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

That's the way to run it Darren - as I said, I wasn't suggesting for a minute that you would be operating with anything less than 'best practice'.