Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New updated Website design

Ive popped it back to how it was for the time being Rob (sorry ) but will contact Marc j and see if he can help any way shape or form
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Ive popped it back to how it was for the time being Rob (sorry ) but will contact Marc j and see if he can help any way shape or form
    No problem...and I' sure he will be able to offer you some good pointers.

Hope so as i think ive used up alot of the site just on my own lol
    Dave

Right ive been messing around and designed a basic looking site which works ( i think )

Please note the images in the gallery ARE NOT MINE they are purely there to test out the design etc

I know it looks basic etc but im working on that bit lol

Cheers Dave
    Dave

A lot better now!

Thanks CB i didnt want to lose the disco look/style my other design had but felt if i was to sort it id have to start again, but ill hopefully get used to this program i got and sort out a more discoy ( if thats a word ) feel to it

Thanks again mate

Cheers Dave
    Dave

That's actually BETTER than the last site IMO

Anyway, a few pointers...

1. Spelling and grammar are still atrocious. Use of apostrophes & Capitalisation is poor and sentence breaks/paragraphs aren't optimal;

2. You need to seriously rethink certain passages, eg "all of our equiptment is up to the latest PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) Regulations" as this is nonsensical;

3. I presume you provide LM (Limited Manufacture) licences with the DVDs that you create? If not, you're breaking copyright law. If so, why not make a big thing about it on your Information page?

4. On the enquiry form, perhaps change some of the fields for drop-downs because a) people don't like typing and b) you're going to get all sorts of rubbish typed in or worse, entire fields omitted. Also, aren't you interested in the DATE of the event? You should ask folks HOW they want to be contacted, too;

5. On the opening page, why start with a negative? We are a new mobile disco company... would put me straight off if I was looking for someone to perform at an important event. I probably wouldn't make it to the next sentence.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Right ive been messing around and designed a basic looking site which works ( i think )

Please note the images in the gallery ARE NOT MINE they are purely there to test out the design etc

I know it looks basic etc but im working on that bit lol

Cheers Dave
    Hi Dave,

I'll have a proper look at the new site later, but for now I'm pleased to say the new site looks much better...and the most important thing is that everything seems to be displaying correctly on my screen & no text is cut off!

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    That's actually BETTER than the last site IMO

Anyway, a few pointers...

1. Spelling and grammar are still atrocious. Use of apostrophes & Capitalisation is poor and sentence breaks/paragraphs aren't optimal;

2. You need to seriously rethink certain passages, eg "all of our equiptment is up to the latest PAT (Portable Appliance Testing) Regulations" as this is nonsensical;

3. I presume you provide LM (Limited Manufacture) licences with the DVDs that you create? If not, you're breaking copyright law. If so, why not make a big thing about it on your Information page?

4. On the enquiry form, perhaps change some of the fields for drop-downs because a) people don't like typing and b) you're going to get all sorts of rubbish typed in or worse, entire fields omitted. Also, aren't you interested in the DATE of the event? You should ask folks HOW they want to be contacted, too;

5. On the opening page, why start with a negative? We are a new mobile disco company... would put me straight off if I was looking for someone to perform at an important event. I probably wouldn't make it to the next sentence.
    Thankyou Vectis i shall look into all this and make sure i get it sorted, will need to rethink the wording etc but Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by rob1963 View Post
    Hi Dave,

I'll have a proper look at the new site later, but for now I'm pleased to say the new site looks much better...and the most important thing is that everything seems to be displaying correctly on my screen & no text is cut off!

Thanks Rob, im quite happy with it now i know it looks abit plain but like previous posts have said customers dont really look for fancy sites etc

Cheers Dave
    Dave

Right ive altered a few things but still got a couple of things VV mentioned, hopefully its now looking better

Things i need to sort:
    Meta Tags, Form ( ive tried drop downs but when ive tested them they dont appear in my email ) Gallery - will be adding pics etcs and using a click for a larger picture code

Thanks all

Cheers Dave

Comments Please
    Dave