Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New updated Website design

Stuck with the same design etc but altered a few of the things mentioned got rid of that silly no right click,smaller text, broke up the info page, rearranged tabs,changed faq color, im guessing there is still alot to do grammer etc but im hoping im getting there slowly, again apolagies for being abrupt

Lets say that in IE6 you dont want to know what its like...

Damn is it that bad ive only got ie8, google chrome and mozilla firefox

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Damn is it that bad
    Yes.

Use this:
    http://browsershots.org/

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Thanks mate will check out what a mess it looks like

Cheers Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Booche View Post
    Will look into making a new site again but useing css and php codeing
    Sorry to break it to you but this won't make it any easier. If you're struggling with basic HTML then learning PHP as well will just make things harder for you. You still have to output valid HTML code, PHP is just a scripting language which you can use to produce HTML code server-side (in fact, that's just one one of the things you can do with it). It won't produce the code for you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Or for more immediate results IETester or M$ SuperPreview (for testing different versions of IE only - you still need to take care of Firefox, Safari, Opera etc. etc...).

Thanks guys will try and get a coder/designer to create one.

Thanks again Dave

ok so after speaking with alot of people, family members,clubs,community centres,kids parents and friends etc etc ( about a weeks worth ), they have all said it looks ok on there comp etc and been asking what they use etc and they all say the same it looks good ( and i did say be honest even if its hurtfull as such ),ive altered a few of the things mentioned above ie: size of text, layout etc so just wondered if this is any better as im thinking that im gonna have to say this is it as on one hand i could spend the next 6mths altering it to please every one but there will still be a few people who dont like this this and this but as of now i feel its sorted.

Cheers Dave

P.S. i know about the gallery before anyone slates me about this, ive lost my hardrive which had the images on, so i now need to take some new pics
    Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry, but I still have the same problems with certain bits of your text being completely cut off.

I'm very surprised none of the people you've spoken to had this problem, as there seem to have been quite a few of them...and I use IE7, which I believe is the most commonly used version of Internet Explorer.

I'm using IE7 with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768, and the following screen shots show how they display for me.

First, here is your home page, which simply says "Welcome to" at the top. Welcome to what?

Name:  DJP home.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  73.1 KB

Here is your information page, which at the bottom says "please contact us to see how we can provide you with a" and the rest is cut off.

Name:  DJP info.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  52.5 KB

Now here is the FAQ page, which cuts off straight after the question "How long does the disco take to set up?"

Name:  DJP faq.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  72.4 KB

Finally, here is the contact us page, which starts "Please feel free....." and once again cuts off a few words later.

Also, as you can see there is a bit of a problem with you mobile phone number, as the middle of it seems it be partly missing, meaning it's not as easy to read as it should be.

Name:  DJP contact.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  61.3 KB

Hope this helps.

Last edited by rob1963; 13-10-2009 at 10:22 AM.