Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BPM - your thoughts and the after show party

Default BPM - your thoughts and the after show party

I thought I'd start a new thread to get people's thoughts on the show, who you met, where you went after and to get those all important piccys and vids up.

Well, the day for me started at 9am after 4 hours sleep when Lee, my driver , picked me for Birmingham. We got to the Hotel a couple hours later after having stopped for a light salad in Burger King on the way.

When we arrived, the first people we met were a couple of foreigners from Scottish land. One was an attractive girl, who turned out to be Pam (DJ Missbehaving) and the other turned out to be Mr DMC karaoke, who we needed to get a translator in for.

Anyway, we couldn't check in as our rooms weren't ready so the receptionist gave us directions and said the NEC was 5 minutes walk away. 40 minutes later, we arrived at the show, knackered and in need of a drink. I had also lost my ticket by this point.... , but still managed to get in.

After numerous texts and phone calls, we met with some of the usual suspects. The first were Excalibur, with his whippets and flat cap, Tom and his go-faster stripes and Rob 'You really should stop talking to take a breath ocassionally' James.

I have to say a big thank you to Peter (Excalibur) at this point as despite his self deprecation as a miserly Yorkshireman, he supplied the after show party with a crate of beer and me with my own box too. Thank you Peter. (Mine unfortunately has driven it's way down to Kent in the boot of Tom's car, but I will get it hopefully at the next SEDA meeting)

We walked round the show for about30 minutes and met Adam Forgie on the Pioneer stand, who showed me how to use the new Pioneer CDJ 2000s, which are very pretty.

We saw JamesH and his new little booth and his impressive remote control light colour changer thingy. (Ask him about it!)

I had a lovely photograph with Steve (FDDJ) which I will scan and post at a later date. He'll look forward to that. Then we spied a bar and kind of didn't leave it really after that.

In there I had the pleasure of the following members company, Deckstar Neil, Corabar Ang and Steve, Tony Penmare, Scott SJS, Steve Sted, Danno, Visual DJ Max and a whole lot of other people who I can't remember after a lack of sleep...

After being ushered from the show, it was back to the Hotel for a quick change and meet with all the others. There was a few lads from Ian Forest's forum and from the Welsh branch of NADJ and we all got on really well. It was great to see so many members of different forums all meeting and bothering to make the effort, especially Dave and Pam who drove for over 5 hours to get to the show.

Taxi's ordered, we all then went to Jimmy Spices, enjoyed the food and company and spent about 2 hours sorting out the bill!

On from there, we all met in Lloyds bar and got down to a few funky grooves whilst having a few more drinks. Some of the older of us were feeling a bit out of our depth, so decided to go to Reflex.

Highlights of the evening....

Pam pole dancing
    Me and Jeff Wood doing rappers delight
    Neil Deckstar falling AOT and landing on his head off the revolving dance floor

I'l let the others tell their stories and post the piccys. Mine to be uploaded later....

Sounds like you had an interesting night!

It was good to meet up with you all again...Oh and Neil................

.............You muppet!! lol
    Scott.

SC Events | Facebook

Professional Conference & AV Services, Corporate Entertainment, Equipment Hire and DJs

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I thought I'd start a new thread to get people's thoughts on the show, who you met, where you went after and to get those all important piccys and vids up.
    As requested, here is the response from Rob "You really should shop talking to take a breath occasionally" James.

My Sunday started when the alarm clock woke me up at the ungodly time of 6.45am. Having made myself look & smell lovely, I drove to Epsom and picked up my mate at 8.00am. Thanks partly to clear motorways and partly to a bit of speeding we arrived just after 10.00am.

As it was too early to go to the actual show, we wandered down the corridor and found somewhere where we could get a nice healthy full English brekky & coffee. Suitably refreshed, we headed into the show at 11am and then split up to do our own thing.

The first thing that struck me was the relevance of BPM to the mobile DJ compared to PLASA, so I'll definately be attending BPM instead of PLASA each year in future.

As well as seeing the stands, it was good to meet Sted, Adam F, Scott (SJS) and Peter (Excalibur) all for the first time...as well as Darren, Steve (FDDJ) and Tom...all of whom I'd met several times before.

Due to working last night, I left the show shortly after 1.30pm, after a thoroughly enjoyable time. Having dropped off my friend & loaded the quiz stuff into the van, I had time to sit down & relax for a good hour before hitting the road again to head off to my pub quiz in Isleworth.

Best things about the day: The full English breakfast (my first on a Sunday for many years), meeting a number of MDD forum people, touching the "Dawn of a new species" and seeing the promo girls.

Biggest mystery of the day: Not getting to meet Deckstar Deluxe, despite him sending me a text telling me which stand he was as & what he was wearing. I was in the same place, but could not see him anywhere. Even Adam F (who knew what he looked like) failed to spot him when he tried to point him out to me.

Biggest disappointments of the day: Not meeting Charlie Brown (as he was unable to get transport to the show) and not being able to stay...so missing out on the evening entertainment including the pole dancing.

Looking forward to next year's show already!

Well, the day for me started at 9am after 4 hours sleep when Lee, my driver your driver lol i will have to get a drivers hat now lol

Managed to get to the hotel at 11pm and checked in right away. ....flattered the nice lady behind the desk...Job done!

After a 2.5hr trek to find BPM ....Daz is right a good 30-40 mins walk from hotel. (and I lied about getting to the hotel at 11 - I just left Lincoln then)

Got in BPM at 1:30...about the same time Rob left.... . Met the usual crowd hovering around some crappy looking deck stand BTW it looked the best i've seen it over the year or so -

Paid a trip to the silent disco area.....what is all that about
    Couple of good DJ spinning so funky house, boom, boom music - then after 15minutes knowing ABBA or YMCA or anything else good was going to come on I made my way round and found the bar.....

After a few quick beers, was then delighted to see Neil run (the quickest i've ever seen anyone run) to the Pioneer stand to TRY and wangle a mixer at a knock down price......but he was too slow.....I already PM'ed them.

I met Max at the bar - not really what I exspected no disrespect but you looked a lot young than I thought.
    He then proceeded to film all of us at the bar - may I say thanks for making me look a bald, old and fat bloke ......like a proper DJ!
    Also met Pam and some other Scottish guy who I could not understand - and that problem just got worse over the night.
    Also met Peter in the bar and may I just say a big up for this bloke as he provided a large portion of ale for the after drinks in the hotel - The Red Pig was superb....

After the show - well what we saw - we all headed off to the hotel (this took 1hr allowing for 'rush hour' traffic!) for a guick hose down and change.

Some 20+ DJ's decided to get in pre-ordered taxi's and talk the finer things over in the taxi but before we had chance to start the conversation our driver for the night wanted to try out reverse gear - much to the horror of Tom in his Fiesta -

The taking got to Acappella and the Latin name....I think a racing driver got named as well.....'Botton'....
    Got into to and some taxi driver had an argument with a bus.....that for me was the most bizzare event i've ever seen it was also one of the funniest.

We had a bit a fodder and an aguement over the bill....I ate tooooooo much! I couldn't drink anymore beer and only wanted to fall asleep in Lloyds bar with 'nice tunes' playing...

Moved to Reflex and party time.... ...what a show, No I mean the DJ .....finished the evening off really well....
    DJ had been told there was 20+ DJ's in the room...to which he replied 'Good job i'm not then...'
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    I met Max at the bar - not really what I exspected no disrespect but you looked a lot young than I thought.
    He then proceeded to film all of us at the bar - may I say thanks for making me look a bald, old and fat bloke ......like a proper DJ!
    No disrespect at all. I get it all of the time. Especially site visits and meetings!!!!!! Nice to meet you though mate
    Last edited by Penfold42; 05-10-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: fining quote

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by visualdjmax View Post
    No disrespect at all. I get it all of the time. Especially site visits and meetings!!!!!! Nice to meet you though mate
    Yep nice to meet you ...

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    Darren did actually get round then?

Well for me, I got up at 9pm (the time I wanted to leave. . Left my 10 and made it at the NEC around 12pm.

Met up with Peter first thing as he was waiting for me. lol.

Went in, watched a few DJ's on the entrance stand and the rather nice looking lady handing out flyers and posters. lol

Met up with Rob, had a little chat, then Darren and Lee soon followed in. Lee and I soon walked off so we could take a good old look around the show.

Was really good to be honest and saw everything I wanted to see but didn't see anything that really stood out apart from the new CDJ 2000.

After the show I drive Steve, Angela, Darren and Lee in my car which apparently has go faster stripes (where I have no idea, might be on the seats the way I was driving, )

Had a quick shower then we all headed out to go rave it up in Birmingham, but food had to come first.

After a really nice buffet at Jimmy Spices (now that was a bill, lol) we headed to Lloyds Bar.

Someone had the idea of writing the cheesiest set list ever possible. Must of been around 30 odd cheesy tracks on there, Lee took it up, the DJ had a good look but sadly didn't play any of them. I'm sure all of us were up for a bit of Cha Cha slide. lol.

We stayed for a few hours I think and we then headed over the road to Reflex. Really should system but if your drunk, you don't really care. As I don't drink I had to listen to it all night. lol.

Got so many pictures and videos of from in there so will get them posted up.

Pam, you got some moves on that pole.

After we got back from the club, well all stayed up to 4am talking about anything. Good times.

Woke up (forgot what time), shower and cleaned up, went downstairs to check out and so where Corabar Steve and Angela. Had a little chat outside for a bit then we all went on our ways.

Steve and Angela, did you see me go past on the M6???