Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BPM - your thoughts and the after show party

One I didn't mention and something just prompted me, was thanking Tom for all the lifts here and there.

Thanks Tom!

Well the day started for me at 7am as I had to meet rowly mobile entertainment at 10am so he could collect the speakers from me.

Managed to find me way to the show and met up with rob had a quick walk round then went out side to meet up with Angela and Steve.

Then the afternoon kind of disappeared in the bar with the others.

Back to the hotel shower and changed then down to meet the others at the bar before we went off for food.

Lloyds bar confused me was a bit like all the gear but no idea full martin lighting apart from the prosound? Laser lol and the extremely speakers.

Off to reflex were the night really began and yes I think the took over with a lot of the group and the music just got cheesier and cheesier lol great night.

Highlights
    Meeting people off the forum and realising that no one was like I imagined.

Pam acting like a real lady with wind coming out of every place imaginable lol

Can’t wait till the next meet up and am not sure if I want to have a look at the pics lol

this morning after going to bed at 4am up at 7am and back to Liverpool to start work at 9am lol not a good day. I should have taken it off.

Overall great day and night!!!!

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

Don't know where to start really! All in all, a cracking day and night - probably one of the best DJ night outs we've had too - counted 30 of us when we were waiting for the taxis and a couple more joined us later in the night too! Karaoke, mad dancing & chauffer driven back to the hotel too

Steve, I feel your pain! I really didn't want to get up at 7.30 this morning, managed to make it into college for 9.15 though, so only half an hour late!

Pics and videos are being dealt with Been invited/forced out to Worcester tonight too.. so will probably end up extending the hangover for the rest of the week!
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Did put this one on the other post but thought it may be better on here if this was the feedback thread lol

Yep i have to say what a great weekend!!!!

In my opinion well worth booking off the full weekend to be there. Im sure Mark or someone from the BPM can confirm but im sure it was a lot busier this year than any previous year and it was great to see people standing outside from 10.15 on saturday waiting to get in - think it caught a few off guard who were expecting a slow start on saturday morning.

As always the standard of females and outfits (well what there was of them) handing out flyers and on stands was amazing... definatly a service 2 (sorry bit of an in house joke between me luke and adam...think hotel charges lol)

Yes the show wasn't perfect but it was as near as it could be and seems to be building year on year. Well done to all the BPM team.

Having seen it from both sides as an exhibitor and as a DJ having a walk round (took a bit of time away from the deckstand booth stand!!! ) i thought it was great. The layout wasn't too cramped but it didn't feel sparse either - well done to the BPM team as it would have been so easy to try and spread stands out a lot more just to make it look a bigger show. I agree with some of the comments above though and yes it would have been nice to get a few other exhibitors there but that will come with time and at the end of the day it was their loss not being there and i do think BPM will continue to grow into the main show for the DJ industry.

A big thanks to everyone that came over and said hi too - didnt get a great deal of time to chat but as It was really unknown teritory for us to have a stand this year but i'm really please we went with it. The reaction from retailers and djs was great and we've made some very useful contacts for future development of the deckstand booth pro range and some new products and accessories too.

It was also great to get more feedback on both the deckstand booth pro and the new Micro Deckstand Booth as well as our wireless LED RGB flexistrip lighting - it was just a shame i couldn't get the white wool serge LED starcloth for the deckstand booth in time to show off... (it's the same as the standard LED starcloth we do for the booth from the factory in china but in white wool serge) but im sure the photos and videos will be put up as soon as i can and it will be displayed at future shows.

Sorry if i didn't get too long to chat or missed anyone, not to mention getting names wrong and on occasions not always knowing who i was talking to other than a forum member!!!

Also thanks to the SEDA members who managed to twist my arm into joining... (well more a frog marching over than twisting arms ) Seems they have had a good run recently with the plasa sign ups and BPM sign ups... and getting lots of awareness UK wide not just in the south - perhaps they should think about renaming to SEDA & Beyond, UK & SEDA or just simply UKDA as from chatting it seems they have a growning number of members that aren't based Down south

Was good to catch up with NADJ members too.

NOt sure the Ramada hotel knew what hit them either (not to mention Jimmy Spices) as after the show and a quick change there must have been something like 45 DJ's all in the bar from MDD and MDJF - which has to be one of the biggest forum gatherings in quite a while - i was just gutted that i couldn't stay for the meal and night out and sounds like i missed out on a really good night but sadly there is no way i would have made london for 9am had i have stayed let alone have my technical head on!... but sure i'll catch up with everyone soon which will probably be next year when the shows start all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    We saw JamesH and his new little booth and his impressive remote control light colour changer thingy. (Ask him about it!)
    What you mean these..... http://www.advancedeventdesigns.com/ledstriplights.htm which the remote worked from the other end of the hall to where the stand was
    UK EVENT SERVICES.CO.UK
    * Photo Video Guestbooks & Video Booths *

Based in Worcestershire and covering across the UK - Tel: 08456 43 48 49

Those strips would be interesting across the top bar of my lighting bar hmm. Sort of like an up lighting thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CB Entertainments View Post
    Those strips would be interesting across the top bar of my lighting bar hmm. Sort of like an up lighting thing.
    tick, tock throughts and now in process lol

I had a lovely photograph with Steve (FDDJ) which I will scan and post at a later date. He'll look forward to that.
    I have put my copy on the bedside table...

Not sure who the ginger bird was standing behind us though...

Then we spied a bar and kind of didn't leave it really after that.
    Well you didn't but I had people to see and a return journey to make!

My thoughts on the day were I enjoyed meeting up with lots of folk off the forums but found the actual show a bit disappointing to be honest.

Liked the Pioneer stuff (and the free 2GB USB sticks), rejoined NADJ and had a decent look at the Deckstand Booth Pro and it's little brother and some little bits on other stands, but they were the only real positives for me.

Didn't like paying £11.20 for a bottle of Bud and a dry, manky chicken burger in the Wetherspoons and if I am going to pay £8 to park I expect to leave my car next to the Pioneer stand...

There were a number of seminars that I wanted to attend that I couldn't as I was limited for time, but I will give it another go next year and go on the Saturday as well then stay over so I'm not in such a rush.

So not overly impressed but not totally negative about it either as I think it is partially my fault I didn't get as much out of it as I could of.
    Exit stage left...

well for me set off at 8.30 down the m6 got lost went through 2 road tolls got there at 1.30 had a good look around drooled over the pioneer djm 500 talked to adam on the pioneer stand and and that welsh nutter ( dj tutor ).
    and as for the silent disco thing i am not sure about bet they get through a lot of battries.
    watched some lucky walk away with 7500 pounds worth of kit in the prize draw then got lost on the way to where i was spending the night.
    i think i need a sat nav
    will have to try and meet more people from the forum next year

One I didn't mention and something just prompted me, was thanking Tom for all the lifts here and there.
    I'm not thanking him....you took my seat......

I think I owe someone a couple of quid for a taxi into town...let me know, i'll square up next time.
    Uh..."You have been fined 99 bicycle clips, go directly to jail, do not collect 200 pounds... who's that naughty boy there?"

Quote Originally Posted by penmare42 View Post
    I think I owe someone a couple of quid for a taxi into town...let me know, i'll square up next time.

dny worry about it mate.