Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Items For Sale

ppentertainments

Default Items For Sale

Could it be made compulsary for sellers to put an asking price when selling goods ???

I hate to 'make an offer' as sometimes the seller takes the offer as being insulting.

Also I know of quite a few sales which do not go through, and sometimes think it is a matter of the seller 'trying his luck'. A over the top offer, and they will sell, otherwise keep them.

ordinarily I would not mention this, but nearly every For Sale post seems to be missing an expected price.

Might also just be my opinion which no-one agrees with

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Could it be made compulsary for sellers to put an asking price when selling goods ???

I hate to 'make an offer' as sometimes the seller takes the offer as being insulting.

Also I know of quite a few sales which do not go through, and sometimes think it is a matter of the seller 'trying his luck'. A over the top offer, and they will sell, otherwise keep them.

ordinarily I would not mention this, but nearly every For Sale post seems to be missing an expected price.

Might also just be my opinion which no-one agrees with
    I have much in common with this post. I usually make offers on gear by PM, so that there isn't a public exhibition of bargaining, which can be a tad unedifying.

Unless of course, I'm dealing with Penmare, in which case making derisory and insulting offers is the onject of the exercise.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Maybe have a price on the original post then have ono which is where a potential seller can then PM and make an offer?

I like the seller to state expectations, so I don't waste my time and theirs.

I tend not to make offers on listings where the seller hasn't put a guide.

Their loss.

I agree - if you want to sell something, be straight down the line about it. If you're unsure what it's worth, research it on ebay (you can do a completed items search), or be honest and say that you're not sure what it's worth, but you'd like a minimum of £XXX.

There seems to be more equipment bought and sold on the forums than ever these days, and yet when the free auction site was running as part of this site, hardly anyone listed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    I agree - if you want to sell something, be straight down the line about it. If you're unsure what it's worth, research it on ebay (you can do a completed items search), or be honest and say that you're not sure what it's worth, but you'd like a minimum of £XXX.

There seems to be more equipment bought and sold on the forums than ever these days, and yet when the free auction site was running as part of this site, hardly anyone listed anything.
    Did the Free auction site have a "Buy it now or best offer" feature? With me being impatient, that's my favourite format for selling and buying these days

Julian

I agree a guide price would be a good idea. Im often put off when theres no price listed and all sorts of public offers turned down.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

ok i think this post is aimed at me really as i have a few things for sale!

I have now put offer + in each post the reason i didnt put asking price as i really didnt know what things were worth

sorry have now changed my posts

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post

I have now put offer + in each post the reason i didnt put asking price as i really didnt know what things were worth

Apologies Sted if you think this was aimed at yourself. In no way was I aiming at any individual, rather than the selling in general

From the other posts I think the idea of including an expected price would also aid in selling items and hopefully help benefit all involved.
    Last edited by soundtracker; 12-10-2009 at 09:58 AM. Reason: added a "p"

Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post

In all fairness Sted its been happeaning quite a bit lately. I think people just want to know what sort of ball park price your looking at so not to waste yours and their time. I think yours might of been the straw that broke the horses back.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk