Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Items For Sale

No matter what we do, we are never going to please everyone, but we do try and listen to what members ask for and implement things where possible..... which is what we've done in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by FDDJ View Post

I don't know about others but if I decide to sell an item it is usually to raise funds for an alternative purchase, therefore I need to do the deal as quick as possible. Adding a further 7 days isn't an option.
    To be honest that's not our problem. If people wish to use our forum as an outlet to sell their item then we believe the item should be offered to our members first and foremost. We've compromised with allowing ebay links to be posted after a 7 day period.

If anyone still thinks it's not fair then that's just tough (to put it bluntly), It's no loss to us if they decide not use the forum as a source of free advertising.

Asking for an approximate price isn't a restriction but why should I wait another week to sell an item just because some members think they deserve to have a look first?
    Don't wait a week then, put it straight on Ebay. The service here is free,, but all we ask is 7 days before linking to Ebay.

I don't know about others but if I decide to sell an item it is usually to raise funds for an alternative purchase, therefore I need to do the deal as quick as possible. Adding a further 7 days isn't an option.
    Then put it straight on Ebay.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    If anyone still thinks it's not fair then that's just tough (to put it bluntly), It's no loss to us if they decide not use the forum as a source of free advertising.
    You are just creating silly rules to please a minority IMHO, but you have to do what you feel is best, as will I.
    Exit stage left...

You are just creating silly rules to please a minority IMHO, but you have to do what you feel is best, as will I.
    Sorry Steve, but you are starting to get out of order now.

These aren't 'silly rules'. They are rules that have been asked for, thought about and discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    Then put it straight on Ebay.

Simple.
    Then your membership misses out on an item that one of them may have wanted because the auction will finish before it gets advertised here.

Madness to me but there you go, your choice.

I think I've made my point and will leave it there.

Literally.
    Exit stage left...

Then your membership misses out on an item that one of them may have wanted because the auction will finish before it gets advertised here.
    It won't get advertised here at all in that case, but members are still free to browse ebay.... the same as everyone else does.

How about offering a discount to members on an ebay listings for a direct deal, which would save on final value fees and benefit both parties.

That way members could still post links to items on ebay, but members would benefit immediately from the extra exposure.
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    How about offering a discount to members on an ebay listings for a direct deal, which would save on final value fees and benefit both parties.

That way members could still post links to items on ebay, but members would benefit immediately from the extra exposure.
    There's been several threads over the last few months in regards to selling on the forum, and the new structure has been implemented in response to points raised by our members. We're not looking for alternatives at this point. The new structure is in place and is final.

No problem was just offering a suggestion which I thought might be an advantageous alternative and benefit all
    Northamptonshires Premier Video Disco • Northamptonshire based PAT Testing
    -----
    Pioneer DJM 2000, Apple MacBook Pro 17", 2 x Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk III, 2 x Technics SL1210, Virtual DJ