Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Items For Sale

sorry again

won't happen again.

My tuppence worth...

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I hate to 'make an offer' as sometimes the seller takes the offer as being insulting.
    That's their fault for inviting offers, if you don't have a firm figure in mind you have to accept that people will be "cheeky" or may just have a very different valuation to what you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by vectisvibe View Post
    Their loss.
    Or possibly yours if they were prepared to let the item go for a song.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    I agree - if you want to sell something, be straight down the line about it. If you're unsure what it's worth, research it on ebay (you can do a completed items search), or be honest and say that you're not sure what it's worth, but you'd like a minimum of £XXX.
    My recent experiences show me that eBay is not always a fair indication of value in the current market.

I have tried to sell items in excellent condition at below the average eBay figure with zero success.

Looking at "best offers" seems the only sensible way forward with some items at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerFunk View Post
    There seems to be more equipment bought and sold on the forums than ever these days, and yet when the free auction site was running as part of this site, hardly anyone listed anything.
    A sign of the economic times perhaps? It is certainly driving the prices of second hand "China specials" through the floor, although quality kit is holding up nicely IMHO.
    Exit stage left...

Quote Originally Posted by FDDJ View Post

A sign of the economic times perhaps? It is certainly driving the prices of second hand "China specials" through the floor, although quality kit is holding up nicely IMHO.
    No, I don't think it's that. 3 days after DJ Bids ceased, the for sale section was booming again.

It's like everything we try do to improve the site, lots of folks talking the talk with promises of involvement, but when it comes down to it only a few really back it up with actions. It's disheartning.

------------------------------------------

Re: the original post. Look out for some changes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    It's disheartning.

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    And me.

Just look at the offers of help we had for the venue database before it was on here and how many people actually did help when the new site was published.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteDJ View Post
    No, I don't think it's that. 3 days after DJ Bids ceased, the for sale section was booming again.

It's like everything we try do to improve the site, lots of folks talking the talk with promises of involvement, but when it comes down to it only a few really back it up with actions. It's disheartning.
    Off topic I know but my main reason for never using DJ Bids was that it had a much smaller audience than ebay and was really trying to do something that ebay was already doing, and doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by wensleydale View Post
    Off topic I know but my main reason for never using DJ Bids was that it had a much smaller audience than ebay and was really trying to do something that ebay was already doing, and doing well.
    Ebay had to start somewhere.

It is very disheartening when people get great use from this site and yet don't ever seem to want to support it to help it grow.

...and I would also mention that DJ Bids was brought in because quite a few members were saying that the forum was turning into a buying and selling site, but people couldn't be bothered to list on DJ bids whereas they did on the forum

well you have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes though guys. I mean Im very gratful for the site and its improved my djing abit but more so the rest of the things that are required to run a mobile disco company.

I know its easier saying it than doing it but dont let it get you down too much.

Could always run a small competition for the forum members?? free pat and pli upload for the most submissions per area???
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

ppentertainments

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    well you have to take the rough with the smooth sometimes though guys. I mean Im very gratful for the site and its improved my djing abit but more so the rest of the things that are required to run a mobile disco company.

I know its easier saying it than doing it but dont let it get you down too much.

Could always run a small competition for the forum members?? free pat and pli upload for the most submissions per area???
    And cover the forum with more cr....... i mean rubbish.