Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How about this one

Quote Originally Posted by DJ James Lake View Post
    Not true at all, sometimes maybe, but every customer wants value for money totally different thing.
    Maybe I phrased that wrong- what I meant was you will often get people who hear a couple of prices and then "want" to pay that, but thats only because no-one has explained why prices differ.

Likes a bit of moleing visualdjmax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    I agree, usually "With all due respect" translates as "You know bugger all"
    I do love saying that though!

Quote Originally Posted by gaza View Post
    Hi Rob

Yes i know what you mean.
    I don't ussually respond in that way to an enquiry, but i was supprised that a company in this area would expect to pay such a small amount for a Disco.
    My day to day job is working for a major supermarket in the town. We did a disco for the branch I work at back in September at a family fun day.As I worked there I said we would do it at a greatly reduced rate, only £180 for the standard 4 hours and at their request we included some karaoke at no extra cost.
    From the feedback we received after the event the organising commitee at the supermarket said that they felt that everyone there had enjoyed the evening but that any another disco could have done what we did for that price.
    I don`t think that they would get another disco and karaoke for less than £200 from anywhere else so it does seem that some companies,even major companies, have little or no idea of the cost involved with putting a disco on.
    Oh by the way the original amount they were prepared to pay was £150
    Contrary to popular belief I do not come from down your way.
    http://www.ajaysdisco.co.uk/

musicman I know for a fact you can get someone/some people doing disco and karaoke in your area for les than 200!
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
    From the feedback we received after the event the organising commitee at the supermarket said that they felt that everyone there had enjoyed the evening but that any another disco could have done what we did for that price.
    I don`t think that they would get another disco and karaoke for less than £200 from anywhere else so it does seem that some companies,even major companies, have little or no idea of the cost involved with putting a disco on.
    Oh by the way the original amount they were prepared to pay was £150
    I'm only down the road from you - I really need to put my prices up! I'm not charging anywhere near that and I've still had people trying to knock me down considerably (or email me saying that they've been let down by a bloke who was going to charge them £120 for 4hrs). It's finding a tactful way of saying "that's why he's only charging £120 and I'm charging £xxx".

Julian

Question

Quote Originally Posted by deckstardeluxe View Post
    musicman I know for a fact you can get someone/some people doing disco and karaoke in your area for les than 200!
    Depends upon how wide the area covers. Only know of one person,a friend of mine,that does karaoke in the town and I have no idea how much he charges.
    We`ve got a Mastermix karaoke set of 30 discs that cost near on £200 and together with the extra equipment involved,extra mikes,t.v(to show the lyrics on), karaoke DVD player etc. I`m sure you`ll understand why we have to charge around £200 to get some sort of return on our investment, especially as we`re just getting into the karaoke business and don`t do many karaoke nights.
    Contrary to popular belief I do not come from down your way.
    http://www.ajaysdisco.co.uk/

Yes Im not disputing the fact of the costs involved with legally providing a karaoke service however I know of a few people that operate at lower prices and Ive heard but no proof that they all share their collections etc.....

Its why Ive not got karaoke and only offer it for an extra £100+ to quotes as I can hire it for it for £60 per night but even then I dont mention it to customers only offer if they ask about it.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk