Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now I need Denon DN-X500 Help!

Question Now I need Denon DN-X500 Help!

So my problems continue, for those of you that don't know I've been having major problems with my Denon DN HD 2500, it's been stuttering, freezeing and doing alsorts of odd things!

The full thread is here :
    http://www.forum.mobilediscodirector...ad.php?t=22424

Anyhoo, I was gigging last night and all was going absolutely fine, having followed Denon's advice I thought I had fixed the problem with my 2500. Three hours of background music down and off we go with 2 hours of dancing, I'm about 3 songs in when my 2500 starts playing up, anyway I battled on playing a mixture of CD's and mp3's.

Later on in the night I noticed that my Denon DN-X500 mixer was very very hot, it sits just below my HD2500 in an 8U top / 3U bottom case and I'm now wondering whether that could be causing the 2500 to overheat and go cuckoo! I've done a couple of kids parties recently - 2 and 3 hours, arrived - setup and played, no probs, but I'm now wondering if 3 hours is about the time it takes for my mixer to overheat and transfer that heat to my 2500 causing issues!

Any thoughts?

Also wondering if any of you use the DN-X500 and you're out tonight, could you maybe see how hot it gets by the end of the night and let me know? When I say hot I'm talking oddly hot, never felt heat like this off a mixer!

Cheers all, Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MFEntertainment View Post

Also wondering if any of you use the DN-X500 and you're out tonight, could you maybe see how hot it gets by the end of the night and let me know? When I say hot I'm talking oddly hot, never felt heat like this off a mixer!
    My Denon DN-x900 gets quite hot on the front face (not top) just where the A on crossfader is. I assume they all do this. There are three screws in the case there so assume something is secured there.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

Will have my x500 out tonight not noticed it getting hot but will have a look - ill leave it on all day and see what happens!

will let you know during next week

Quote Originally Posted by NKR View Post
    My Denon DN-x900 gets quite hot on the front face (not top) just where the A on crossfader is. I assume they all do this. There are three screws in the case there so assume something is secured there.
    Yeah that's where mine is getting hot, not the panel where all faders and buttons are. I just wonder whether that heat is being transferred throuh to my HD2500 (which is just above it in the flight case) and causing me problems!

Incidently as you mention it's the left hand side of the mixer that seems the hotest and it's the left hand side of the 2500 where the Hard Drive is located!

Also thanks Chris - I'll look forward to hearing from you.
    Last edited by MFEntertainment; 17-10-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Missed something out!

Have you tried putting some external fans on the case or at least a clip on one near it to try and keep the heat down?
    Steve

All the denon mixers ive ever uses have gotten hot...i just thought it was standard with them.
    http://www.dynamic-entertainment.co.uk

Tel:0800 990 3030

The opinions here are those of an individual and not necessarily those of Dynamic Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by discomobiledj View Post
    Have you tried putting some external fans on the case or at least a clip on one near it to try and keep the heat down?
    First time I noticed it last night Steve, not something I really want to be getting into if I can help it, but it is certainly an option.

MAtt

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Entertainment View Post
    All the denon mixers ive ever uses have gotten hot...i just thought it was standard with them.
    It is.

Any mixer (or equipment) with a lot of digital circuitry will heat up, but assuming you have it ventilated and the heat can dissipate, there's no issue there

Yep can confirm my dennon mixer runs hot. Intersting that both of my numark mixers barley get warm where the dennon is defianlty hot not just warm.
    When the world ends , ill probably have to clean up the mess.